• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-3180 -K2 Unable Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

quirinob

Hello all,
I need you help, please.
Recently I purchased a lot of radios TK-3180-K2
I've been trying to use KPG-96D, KPG-92D, KPG-89D to program the radio, however I keep getting this message when attempting to read/write to the radio "Check Model Name and Market Code"
I have no experience with this radio model, so I really need your help.
Attached a picture with a model and others informations.
Thank you in advanced help.

Attachments

• tk-3180_costas.jpg
    tk-3180_costas.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 159

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Looks like it has MPT trunking firmware. There is specific software you need to use. Off the top of my head I can not remember what it is. You maybe able to update the firmware to conventional/LTR with the correct firmware file and upload it using FPRO software, then you should be able to use one of the listed software packages to program.

I have a TK-8180-k2(mobile version of the TK-3180) but I have not programmed it in a long time and can not remember all the specifics.

mmckenna or kd4efm can likely provide better information than I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
KPG-96DN is the programming software for MPT TK-x180 radios. Version 3.30 is the latest, released in November of 2012.

If it is still giving you the "Check Model Name and Market Code" pop up, then you need to take a close look at the radios as well as your activation key for the programming software.
Radios have a market code, and will require programming software with the same market code. If the radios you have came from the North American market, they'll have the K in the model number, like in the photo (not sure if that is one of your radios or a photo from somewhere else).
Same goes for the programming software, it'll need to be activated with a key that starts with K44…….

quirinob

Is a real picture of the my radio.
I receive a information today, about Kenwood customers, inform about i need buy a KPG-89DK.
I'm stressed because every time I look for information, I get a different one. I can not find the KPG-89DK to download and test here.
I search a programming software KPG-96DN in web sites.
I am sorry.
Thank you mmckenna and kayn1n32008

Status
Not open for further replies.