• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

tk-3180 k2 Squelch and Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneck99ram

How can I change the settings for the squelch open(test,Narrow) and also can the battery warning level be changed? I'm using all Kenwood approved cables and the KPG-89D program. I've tried to go in the radio itself and through the program under test frequency and still I cannot change the setting. The problem the user is having is battery drain, a fresh battery lasts about 1hr. Any help.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
The way I did mine was to disable the battery alert in the software under options and then go to some oddball channel and transmit until the battery is about dead then go to the batt part either by holding A and turning the radio on and then push S and then push C several times until you get the BATT and there you can adjust the battery level by transmitting and push the B button to set it and you should be good. You can do this in the Test mode in the software also but I actually find it earlier to do it on the keypad as I just described. I actually just did it to my 3180 cause I accidentally changed it while doing the squelch adjustment which I am still having an issue with. The ham band its fine but on the GMRS channels I get squelch without a PL. If I tighten to where it gemi goes away it basically is deaf so still working on that part of things.

cabletech

fpcaptain did you NOT notice that this post is three years old, and since their have been no other replys, that it is a DEAD post?

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
I DID notice that but better late than never and since no one replied I was glad to make it alive again even if it helps someone else in the future when they read it. The issue I had about the squelch was answered what I found by searching and I now have my radio back to the way by an accidental change of a setting which can happen with the Batt issue. The internet is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.