• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood nx 300 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Hello all
if i have a nx300 uhf radio can i program the freqs in as conventional to listen to a nexedge 4 ch digital trunking system? so will it decode the trunked nxdn freqs if i put each in as conventional and put in scan list? i know you need network key to read trunked radio or setup nxdn trunked system
thanks

n1oty

Premium Subscriber
Hello all
if i have a nx300 uhf radio can i program the freqs in as conventional to listen to a nexedge 4 ch digital trunking system? so will it decode the trunked nxdn freqs if i put each in as conventional and put in scan list? i know you need network key to read trunked radio or setup nxdn trunked system
thanks

Put the 4 frequencies in and scan them. It should work reasonably well.

n1oty

Premium Subscriber
It is not illegal...........

Well I mean if these radios are programed for officers and are programed for privicy, wouldn't it be illegal to use one?

It would be illegal for him to transmit on those frequencies since he is not entitled to do so, but he is fine to listen all he wants.

baycomm

Does not appear to work anyway. I added all of my system frequencies to an nx-800 as conventional channels with no RAN. It does not receive on any on them. (I own the trunked system & have a system key so I was able to test extensively). Given all of the security features built into NXDN trunking, I suspect that this may be an intentional design feature. Has anyone done this successfully?

baycomm

The NX-300 & NX-800 are essentially the same radio in a different package. Same firmware, same programming software. The mobile has a few more hardware based features & more power.

maxtracs

kenwood nx-800 use as a scanner

im also trying to program a kenwood nx-800 with a trunking system but i do not have the system key so im trying to program them in conv. nxdn mode but the radio will not un-mute all i want to do is use the radio as a scanner in recive mode what am i doing wrong

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Nexedge

No it appears it cannot be done by just entering the freqs and putting in as nxdn conventional.
If the system is coded would the coded icon appear during transmit and recieve as the system i use a radio for it does not . I take out one of there radios as we work with there security. system is a 9600baud 12.5

maxtracs

scanning nxdn

so there is no way to monitor it? i just spent 500.00 for nothing wow is there a place to get info. the system im trying to monitor is uhf nxdn at 6.25 can someone help oh and no enc

Last edited:

maxtracs

Scanning NEXRDGE

I was reading other forums and I thought we were ok to do it icom radios are able to fast-unmute I thought we can do the same with kenwoods

TheKurrgan

There is no way to configure any of the NX series for use as a scanner on the digital system. This was the intended design of the radio as they *are* trying to have *some* security.
Here is why:
When used in an NXDN system the transmission carries data regardless of encryption that informs listening radios that it IS a system. The firmware in the radio then says "Hey, I hear something, but I'm configured for conventional.. oh well i'll ignore it"
So even if you do own the system and know everything including the system key, you're not going to get the radio the monitor.
Besides its rather hard to use this method any way, since even if you could simply monitor the transmit frequency COULD change almost every transmission. Not like the LTR systems where its the same unless Home Rep is busy, NXDN makes good use out of what its got.
If you're REALLY determined and know the system is not encrypted, there are much cheaper ways to monitor.. Hit google for a bit..

phillmobile

No it appears it cannot be done by just entering the freqs and putting in as nxdn conventional.
If the system is coded would the coded icon appear during transmit and recieve as the system i use a radio for it does not . I take out one of there radios as we work with there security. system is a 9600baud 12.5

if you have access to one of the radios why not just read the program?

Status
Not open for further replies.