• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KMC-45 Speaker Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with these particular speaker mics (the ones with the two-prong style connector)? The main thing I'm curious about is if there's any sort of screw or latch where the mic connector attaches to the radio to keep it secure. From the photo's I've seen, it doesn't look like there's anything there, and seems like it would be quite easy to accidentally pull it out.

gadget0308

Most kenwoods come with a cover that secures the mic into the radio. I have used it with out the mic cover and had no issues with the mic coming out of the side of the radio.

Raptor05121

its actually quite difficult to pull it out. you could hold the radio by the mic cord and swing it in circles and i can guarantee it wouldn't unplug

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
its actually quite difficult to pull it out. you could hold the radio by the mic cord and swing it in circles and i can guarantee it wouldn't unplug

Swing all you want until you rip the accessory jack off its solder lands. Use the securing bracket and you will be much happier.

WX9EMS

I have both a TK-350G and a TK-370G that both use this type of mic and have never had any issue of them coming unplugged. But on the other hand, if you are concerned about it maybe you should find one. As Raptor stated, they are quite a tight fit when plugged in.

W3DMV

The speaker mic rarely comes loose on it's own. The problem is the speaker mic
jack in the radio is cheap plastic and only held in place by the solder joints on the PC board. If
you bump the mic jack on a door jam or other object, the usual result is a broken or non functional
jack. We had several hundred of these hand helds at work, and at any given time, a dozen or more
were in the shop having the speaker mic jack replaced/repaired. The little metal guard that
covers the plug does wonders to minimize this kind of damage.....

Status
Not open for further replies.