Acadian EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoguy58

Been going through VHF and UHF conventional freq's and culling out ones that I don't think are used anymore. Does any one hear any use of any of the Acadian frequencies at all?? I don't mean the common MEDCOM or VMED frequencies but the assigned frequencies for Acadian disp or ops or whatever. Thanks for any replies.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
They only use their LWIN talkgroups now. They no longer use their VHF mobiles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tim-B

I haven't heard any traffic on their VHF frequencies since LWIN went online. A few months ago someone posted one of Acadian's VHF frequencies to the database so I was wondering if they heard some traffic so I put them in a scanner again just to monitor them along with all of the old VHF and UHF public safety frequencies that are licensed in Lafayette Parish but I have not heard a peep on anything but V MED 28 when the hospitals call each other for weekly radio checks and this one other frequency used by the Lafayette Parish courthouse doing a code 4 check of all floors daily. I haven't heard Acadian on VHF in probably close to 10 years except for Air Med in the 118-136 air band talking to controllers and such.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
They used VHF up until a couple of years ago when they went full LWIN. When the went into Texas the Southwest channel went from 3 to 1 due to licensing issues. Now they use LWIN, phones, and laptops to dispatch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tim-B

Yep, I remember the good old days before MDT's when they gave all the details on the radio and they called the hospital on VHF with that signalling thing that went, "WEEEE -WEE WEE - WEE WEE WEE - WEEEEEEEE - WEE WEE WEE - WEE WEE - WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

R7000

I heard them on VHF in Lafayette during Mardi Gras running a station at Cajun Field. They were using one of their freqs that was not originally used in Laf. I thought I posted it here somewhere. I think it was 155.235 Mhz. All the regular traffic has disappeared to LWIN. Tom, Lafayette

Tim-B

When I worked for the PD we all worked on Mardi Gras. If it was your shift's day off then you had to work the parades. Acadian probably had a number of extra people working that day as well and they probably didn't have enough 700 MHz radios to go around and they got some old VHF radios out of storage. I don't know that for sure but that is likely why they were on that frequency on Mardi Gras.

Status
Not open for further replies.