Very unusual snow in St. Tammany Parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

Woke up this morning to find snow on the ground. This is a very unusual occurrence here in the south, just north of New Orleans. Last time there was snow here was in 2008. Right now there is close to 3 inches on the ground.

Problem with the snow is downed power lines causing power outages and tree limbs arcing on the power lines. The snow is wet and heavy. With the wet snow, it's bending the tree limbs down and they are getting on the power lines. Outages are starting to occur and people are starting to look for a place to hang out.

The temp is staying around 33 to 34 degrees. A power outage here is bad news as most homes do not have alternative heating options with no power.

The local fire departments are running around with all the power lines arcing and in some cases the lines are down on the road. One of the power companies around here has 16,000 customers with no power.

The weather radar is showing the snow should be ending in an hour or so. This will be good news for this area. The road crews are not set up to handle icy roads or the snow. It will take warmer weather to rid the region of the snow and clear off the roads.

My power has blinked a couple of times already today. With luck, we will all make it through this strange weather.

Renelasalle

I’m having trouble receiving any transmissions on the Slidell Motorola rr info. I input all by hand but get nothing. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.