Pan Am N.O. Site CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Has the CC changed for the Pan Am N.O. Site # 001?

I noticed the one I had programmed was no longer working and tried all the other alternate CC's and none of them are working for me. Picking up all other surrounding sites

They did a hardware/ gateway upgrade to all region 1 sites the last 3 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teebee

Has any other site CC's changed. ie, St. Rosalie.
From what I can tell Kenner, Lafite, MSY, and North Sim. N.O. has not changed

teebee

Still not receiving anything on the Pan Am site with the new CC 774.78125. Anymore updates to this site or is anyone able to monitor it using the new cc

troymail

Silent Key
Still not receiving anything on the Pan Am site with the new CC 774.78125. Anymore updates to this site or is anyone able to monitor it using the new cc

Not sure what radio(s) or other tools you have or how close (or far) you are to that site/location - but you might want to try a limit/custom search for control channels.....or, if possible, try running Pro96Com on a control channel that is working and see what it reports for neighbor sites/frequencies.

teebee

Using a BCD536HP. Not sure how to search for CC's using this radio. I use to be able to do so using an older Uniden Scanner I had at one time. Never been able to figure it out on this scanner

troymail

Silent Key
Using a BCD536HP. Not sure how to search for CC's using this radio. I use to be able to do so using an older Uniden Scanner I had at one time. Never been able to figure it out on this scanner

Press MENU
Scroll to and select "Search For"
select "Edit Custom"
Select "Custom 0"
Select "Edit Srch Limit"
set your lower and upper limits -- maybe 769.0 and 869.0
Press MENU several times back out to the "Search for..." menu
Select "Custom Search"

When the radio stops on a frequency and (probably) no sound and display "DAT", you've found a control channel

While searching, you may want to press 1 - 9 to turn off all except "Custom 0" that you just configured

Note - to speed things up, you could create two custom searches - one for 769-775 and the other for 851-869

Last edited:

teebee

On the older uniden scanner when I would do a search and would stop on a cc channel it would display the site # and sys id. Does this method do the same on the 536hp

troymail

Silent Key
On the older uniden scanner when I would do a search and would stop on a cc channel it would display the site # and sys id. Does this method do the same on the 536hp

Testing this set of steps here - the only thing that happens is what is shown above. Once you find a new CC frequency, I would take that frequency and create a P25 system that you can then monitor (in "ID search" mode) and/or run analyze against it... I just ran through these steps against a local known CC.

There could well be easier ways to do this with a 536 - Idunno.

aj

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to the Pan Am site on 774.78125 as I type. I live in North Kenner using a BCD996XT and a yogi in my attic.

aj

Premium Subscriber
Not able to determine/confirm other frequency changes. Just submitted the new cc.

cmdcomm

Feed Provider
The City of NO replaced all their XTS radios with APX radios a few months back. I talked to programmer from the state and he stated all the sites around NO are now dynamic dual mode. Has anyone seen this yet? I have some news agencies telling me they hear some days, and some days not.

troymail

Silent Key
The City of NO replaced all their XTS radios with APX radios a few months back. I talked to programmer from the state and he stated all the sites around NO are now dynamic dual mode. Has anyone seen this yet? I have some news agencies telling me they hear some days, and some days not.

Ah, then they've begun using Phase 2 ... or so it sounds.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
We need Pro96Com runs done to confirm TDMA use has begun... If so, then we can change the LWIN in the DB to reflect Phase II in use.

troymail

Silent Key

Sounds like that could be indications some talkgroups are switching to/using Phase 2 and reverting to Phase 1 at times (DDM). However, there could well be other reasons this is happening.

We need Pro96Com runs done to confirm TDMA use has begun... If so, then we can change the LWIN in the DB to reflect Phase II in use.

Scanner users would easily be able tell this without Pro96Com -- look for PT0/PT1 vs. P25 on a Uniden, D2 vs. DG on a Whistler.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
As long as someone can verify this as we can not tell by the license, as LWIN has only that big broad state 700 lic with NO specific locations, freqs, or emissions listed.... Only on the local TRS that were merged in if the local lic is still maintained can we find any of that... And on NONE of the current licenses is any indication of mods for TDMA... So local verification is a must on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.