Crowley PD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Does anyone know if Crowley PD is currently using LWIN or are they using their old system.
I pass though that area very often and hear the S.O., Rayne PD and Church Point PD but never Crowley PD. If I am not mistaken a few years ago they were on LWIN.

Tim-B

I will be passing through that area one week from today. I will listen on LWIN and see if I hear them.

Did you try listening on the old Acadia Parish LTR system? They might be on it.

teebee

It is not currently programmed in my scanner, however I was planning on doing so the next time I pass through. I do know they used to be on LWIN, just not sure if they switched back to LTR or maybe they are Encrypted. I was also wondering about the FD's in that parish as well. What are they using?

Tim-B

I have been hearing a lot of the FD's in Acadia Parish on LWIN while sitting at home monitoring the tower off Ambassador Caffery near Ole Colony road in Lafayette Parish. This is the site referred to as the "Scott" site in the RR database. It is a very tall tower to there are many agencies radios that affiliate with that tower so I hear lots of talkgroups on it. I listened to the old LTR system about a year ago to see who was still on it but I could only receive the Duson tower from where I live. I didn't hear much and what I did hear did not sound like LE or FD traffic. But I did not listen for long and if Crowley PD was on that system they may have been on the Crowley tower which is out of range for me.

teebee

I live in the Morgan City area and many times I can pick up the Scott tower from here when weather conditions are favorable and often hear Rayne PD and Acadia S.O. on that site as well. Still no Crowley

Tim-B

When I pass through I will be able to check several towers in that area so I will see what happens.

SOUTH300

I am fairly certain that Crowley PD is encrypted on LWIN. If I remember correctly, they were encrypted on the old LTR system also.

Tim-B

When I pass through I will set a non-uniden scanner to hold on that particular talkgroup so I can hear any encrypted traffic coming through. If I hear "ink ink ock eek oak squiggly wiggly" then I know it's enrypted.

Tim-B

Well, I passed through that area on I-10 and I didn't hear any traffic on the Crowley PD channel with talkgroup ID 22005. I tried holding on it and I tried scanning but nothing. Not even encrypted traffic. I was using a PSR-500 which does not mute encrypted audio. I began hearing Acadia S.O. as far west as Iowa in Calcasieu Parish. I did not check the old LTR system but if you want I can check that one in another week or so when I pass back through that area.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
They use a analog conventional 800 repeater. It is not encrypted and you can hear it clearly. I listen whenever I go through there. Check the FCC licenses. That's how I found it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.