RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum

Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Louisiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 8:43 AM

Default Crowley PD Question

Does anyone know if Crowley PD is currently using LWIN or are they using their old system.
I pass though that area very often and hear the S.O., Rayne PD and Church Point PD but never Crowley PD. If I am not mistaken a few years ago they were on LWIN.
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2018, 7:52 AM

I will be passing through that area one week from today. I will listen on LWIN and see if I hear them.

Did you try listening on the old Acadia Parish LTR system? They might be on it.
Old 01-12-2018, 9:05 AM

It is not currently programmed in my scanner, however I was planning on doing so the next time I pass through. I do know they used to be on LWIN, just not sure if they switched back to LTR or maybe they are Encrypted. I was also wondering about the FD's in that parish as well. What are they using?
Old 01-12-2018, 9:10 AM

I have been hearing a lot of the FD's in Acadia Parish on LWIN while sitting at home monitoring the tower off Ambassador Caffery near Ole Colony road in Lafayette Parish. This is the site referred to as the "Scott" site in the RR database. It is a very tall tower to there are many agencies radios that affiliate with that tower so I hear lots of talkgroups on it. I listened to the old LTR system about a year ago to see who was still on it but I could only receive the Duson tower from where I live. I didn't hear much and what I did hear did not sound like LE or FD traffic. But I did not listen for long and if Crowley PD was on that system they may have been on the Crowley tower which is out of range for me.
Old 01-12-2018, 9:16 AM

I live in the Morgan City area and many times I can pick up the Scott tower from here when weather conditions are favorable and often hear Rayne PD and Acadia S.O. on that site as well. Still no Crowley
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2018, 9:24 AM

When I pass through I will be able to check several towers in that area so I will see what happens.
Old 01-13-2018, 8:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am fairly certain that Crowley PD is encrypted on LWIN. If I remember correctly, they were encrypted on the old LTR system also.
Old 01-15-2018, 8:14 AM

When I pass through I will set a non-uniden scanner to hold on that particular talkgroup so I can hear any encrypted traffic coming through. If I hear "ink ink ock eek oak squiggly wiggly" then I know it's enrypted.
Old 01-20-2018, 9:49 AM

Well, I passed through that area on I-10 and I didn't hear any traffic on the Crowley PD channel with talkgroup ID 22005. I tried holding on it and I tried scanning but nothing. Not even encrypted traffic. I was using a PSR-500 which does not mute encrypted audio. I began hearing Acadia S.O. as far west as Iowa in Calcasieu Parish. I did not check the old LTR system but if you want I can check that one in another week or so when I pass back through that area.
Old 01-21-2018, 2:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Check out this FCC listing effective 01/03/2018.
WQQK334
Maybe they are back on 800.
2 flavors on NXDN, P25 C4FM, and analog.
Check it out. Maybe. Who knows??
Old 01-21-2018, 2:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

By the way, I've been monitoring the old LTR system for awhile and have heard nothing. It is still up as I still hear the periodic "blips" that those type systems put out.
Old 01-27-2018, 5:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

They use a analog conventional 800 repeater. It is not encrypted and you can hear it clearly. I listen whenever I go through there. Check the FCC licenses. That's how I found it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk