Portland Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirzep66

I just received my first digital.. I receive the p25 transmissions from the towers.. Ossipee.. Hosac.. Spruce.. Witten.. Etc.. But not having any luck with Portland Maine? I have my scanner all set correctly with groups and banks.. Not sure I understand the whole "talkgroups" part..

Also does the paid subscription automatically do that in this site? I use freescan.. I have a BCT15X and a BCD396XT. Can someone send a freescan file that covers the Portland area? I'm usually pretty smart when it comes to things.. First CB radio was a Johnson Tube (my parents rig in Scarboro.. Must have had about every make of scanner in the 70's up.. My first digital but getting older and the meds make it harder for me.

lrweb

Premium Subscriber
The Portland digital system is not in use yet. You may hear some testing, but I haven't in a few weeks.

Sirzep66

I listen to Portland Dispatch on live on Scanner Radio Pro.. Talk group 48.. Can't find Analog.. I put in a section with the 800mhz system an I receive nothing.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I split this to a separate thread since it appears you need to be monitoring the analog system.

Eskip

Premium Subscriber
Portland, Maine P25

In Portland P25 is running for the Department of Public Works and the School Busses. Talk group 1125 is one of the DPW. South Portland Police and Fire are to be on soon and the whole system should be on line by the new year. ID search will find what is going on.. 73 and good luck. Greg

lrweb

Premium Subscriber
FWIW I’ve seen the following public works TGs
1102 - being referred to as channel 1
1105 Being referred to as channel 2
1107 ??
1121 All traffic seems to be electrical in content
1273 School buses

Status
Not open for further replies.