10 & 12 Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boombox

For what it's worth, I heard a lot of CW activity on 10 meters earlier this afternoon; also a couple hams in the sideband portion of the band. 15 meters had some activity, and 12 had a lot of activity, especially in the CW section.

n0nhp

I have been making regular contacts using JT9 into all of Europe, North Africa, South America and Japan on 10M over the last 5 or 6 days. It is amazing what 5W will do on the magic bands.

Bruce

WB4CS

And in other news, 11 meters is also open. Reports are coming in that on channels 6 through 21 there are multiple people screaming "Hellllllllloooooooooooo Audiooooooooooooooooooo!"

Stay tuned for more updates :)

elk2370bruce

Ten meters was, indeed, hot over the last week. Worked several JA stations booming in 5-9+ as well as stronger than usual Caribbean stations and Central America. Luckily, it will get better before the 11 year cycle begins to diminish true DX.

K4APR

10 meters has been hot all week! We worked over 60 stations today in just over an hour from the W4WFF NASA Wallops club station. Worked about 45 on Tuesday in about an hour. Wall to wall QSO's in the 28.300-28.500 range. Nice to see my favorite band hopping again!

JnglMassiv

I worked an LU station this evening on 10m QRP.
5watts and over 5000 miles.
I also heard the Japanese stations, rare in my shack.

elk2370bruce

On 20 meters, this morning, I was surprised to hear KC4AAA on long path from the South Pole. Took a while but I was able to work him as the band warmed up.

JnglMassiv

This weekend had some impressive solar metrics and I logged a pair of nice 10 meter contacts.
First was LU7YWC for about 5700 miles on Saturday.
Sunday, I spoke to EA5DY in Madrid for 4200 miles.
As usual, I was QRP with the FT817ND and wire antenna in the attic.

I heard Hawaiian stations on a couple bands on both days and feel I could have worked them if not for the pileups.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Count for what? Generally, contesting is not allowed on the WARC bands, but I'm not aware of any operating awards that wouldn't count contacts on those bands. If there's some operating award that you are going for, such as DXCC, you should probably check the rules for that award.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Like I said, I havent been on HF for a while. Just wondered if 12M contacts counted toward DXCC now. I was considering hooking the HF rig back up. I missed DXCC when I was in the canal zone (KZ5) by about 7 countries back in the late 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.