Equatorial Guinea

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissim

I can't recall this guys callsign, but has anyone here had the fortune of working him? I've been very busy at school the past month and haven't been able to get home until about 5 to 6 PM. Apparently, he's prohibited from working certain hours. He's off the air by 6 EST. I'm grateful he's making contacts, but his operating habits are bewildering. I listened to him for about an hour today. When I tuned him in at 5:00 PM, he was calling for JA. He then switched to NA/SA for five minutes, then went to west coast for the remainder of his activation for the day. He's been following the same pattern (or approximately) for the past three days that I've heard him.

Hearing him is a treat, but the real spectacle begins when he leaves. What pandemonium. So many hams complaining that he's only concentrating on the west coast. I haven't a clue because I'm not home to hear him throughout the day, but holy smokes were they complaining. I will admit, I was slightly frustrated as his signal was easily 59 here (on the east coast). Regardless, I've been too busy to be that concerned with it. Good luck to those trying to work him.

chrissim

Mike: I'm in S.C. I use Log4OM and have it set so that when an ATNO is posted, it shows on the cluster as red, so that all it takes is a glance at the PC monitor.

The behavior isn't new to me. I"m accustomed to it, but it never ceases to amaze me. I understand the frustration. When one spends thousands on a hobby they want to make the most of it, but in this particular circumstance it's one guy, not a team. He has to sleep at some point and is subject to the rules and regulations of the host entity. I read that the authorities there will not allow him to work past a certain time, as odd as that sounds.

Turning to another DXpedition, the Cocos Keeling operation is a disappointment thus far. Last time I checked, North America accounts for 4.5 % of their contacts.

AC2OY

Mike: I'm in S.C. I use Log4OM and have it set so that when an ATNO is posted, it shows on the cluster as red, so that all it takes is a glance at the PC monitor.

The behavior isn't new to me. I"m accustomed to it, but it never ceases to amaze me. I understand the frustration. When one spends thousands on a hobby they want to make the most of it, but in this particular circumstance it's one guy, not a team. He has to sleep at some point and is subject to the rules and regulations of the host entity. I read that the authorities there will not allow him to work past a certain time, as odd as that sounds.

Turning to another DXpedition, the Cocos Keeling operation is a disappointment thus far. Last time I checked, North America accounts for 4.5 % of their contacts.

Ok thank you I will have to listen for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.