Best way to monitor band openings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kb2Jpd

Hi from Adam Kb2 Jpd

What is your favorite URL or tool for spotting when the bands get active?

I love 17 15 20 on my magloops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kb2Jpd

If you need an online map or DX spotting web site to tell you when the bands are open then something is wrong.

Not all of us have time on our hands. Some of us have to bury our dead and deal with the sick. Maybe you want to inform us how you do it from Texas?

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I watch dxmaps.com so I know when to start calling. I am often surprised by the number of openings on 6 where everybody is listening and a call gets the ball rolling. I don't call unless I think I am likely to get an answer-people are starting to discourage me from talking to myself:)

Boombox

I monitor only -- not a ham, but frequently monitor the ham bands.

I've used DXMaps in the past, still glance at it... but what I hear, and what the guy by the saltwater with the 5 element yagi (50 miles away) may hear are often two different things.

So usually I just tune quickly through the bands.

TheSpaceMann

Hi from Adam Kb2 Jpd

What is your favorite URL or tool for spotting when the bands get active?

I love 17 15 20 on my magloops.

I always have an 11 meter radio on tuned to channel 38 LSB with the squelch up. When the CB "skip shooters" start breaking the squelch, I find that 10 meters is usually open as well! (often along with 15, 17 and 20, or even 6 meters) ;)

peterwo2e

psk reporter....
just throw call "CQ" a few times wait a few minutes and look at the beacons if they light up then you know you being heard in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.