146.52 B17 Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art112

For those on the East Coast of the US, listen for my friend George, who will be N2FVV/AM from a B-17 Bomber as they head south to Manassas, Virginia, taking off from Caldwell Airport in NJ around 11 am this morning. He plans on mailing out a special QSL card. Listen to 146.520 to work him!

rwier

For those on the East Coast of the US, listen for my friend George, who will be N2FVV/AM from a B-17 Bomber as they head south to Manassas, Virginia, taking off from Caldwell Airport in NJ around 11 am this morning. He plans on mailing out a special QSL card. Listen to 146.520 to work him!

It's in the air! About 20 miles north of Philly, heading SW. N5017N (Flightradar24).

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
BTW, making the same post in multiple forums is known as cross-posting which is not allowed in the RadioReference forums.

Your three threads have been merged into this one and duplicate posts have been deleted.

rwier

I thought I was simply responding to previous posts, and I never purposely selected, or even noticed the Forum names. Sorry about that.

I believe I saw this Flying Fortress over my HOUSE!!!
unless theres a b17 bomber group in the northeast USA...

Saw it pass by about a week ago, Im about 10miles east of Westover AFB...
Massachusetts

Heard those 4 big engines rumble by...It was freaking AWESOME..
Fantastical!....

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I believe I saw this Flying Fortress over my HOUSE!!!

unless theres a b17 bomber group in the northeast USA...

Saw it pass by about a week ago, Im about 10miles east of Westover AFB...

Massachusetts

Heard those 4 big engines rumble by...It was freaking AWESOME..

Fantastical!....

There is something special hearing those old engines. Be it a radial or a massive V12.

I had the opportunity to watch the Martin Mars water bomber work a fire in 2003 in BC. It's an amazing experience hearing and feeling those old radials working hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bharvey2

That is so cool! Too bad it wasn't on the west coast as well. I've talked to one or two guys while they were flying but not in B17s.

There is something special hearing those old engines. Be it a radial or a massive V12.

I had the opportunity to watch the Martin Mars water bomber work a fire in 2003 in BC. It's an amazing experience hearing and feeling those old radials working hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed,,its FL was low..few thousand feet...Can only imagine the fear in the hearts of the Axis powers as 200 of them pass over en route to points inside the 3rd Reich...

Rred

I forget the name, but there's the Collings foundation up in MA that keeps some warbirds flying on tour, including a B17 that does the east coast every year. Typically flying in for 2-4 days at each stop, IIRC about $400 for passengers for one-hour flights. I think one or two others are also doing similar.

I did the ground tour of the Collings B17 and B24 a few years ago. I know it can't be cheap to keep them flying but $400 was just a bit more than I wanted to ante up.

wrath

I saw & heard that magnificent bird, I was with a old veteran who said "that sounds like a 17" ,I tried like he'll to make the contact but couldn't, it would have made this Vets year.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.