AIS on the St. Lawrence Seaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd1sq

Database Admin
Hi.

I'm looking for some discriminator-level off air AIS signal recordings from the ships and land stations along the St. Lawrence Seaway.

The reason for this is that I suspect that the AIS protocol for this body of water differs from the standard.

If anyone could help, it'd be really appreciated - as well as saving me a 500 mile round trip to get the data directly.

TIA,

Lee

DELCOLHFC

trainman111

thomas724,
Do you know how "up-to-date" the live ship maps link that you provided is? The reason why I ask is I am currently watching the Norfolk, VA feed it is shows vessel "Del Sol" enroute to Hopewell, VA just west of the I-664 bridge in Newport News, but in reality, it's already in Hopewell. I was down in Hopewell yesterday and the Del Sol was moored to the dock at Honeywell.

ecps92

Many of the Public AIS sites are 60-90 min's delayed at times...

If you want Live Real Time, it's best to invest in Shipplotter for your personal computer [not all ports are covered or SHARE, keep that in mind]

thomas724,
Do you know how "up-to-date" the live ship maps link that you provided is? The reason why I ask is I am currently watching the Norfolk, VA feed it is shows vessel "Del Sol" enroute to Hopewell, VA just west of the I-664 bridge in Newport News, but in reality, it's already in Hopewell. I was down in Hopewell yesterday and the Del Sol was moored to the dock at Honeywell.

trainman111

I'd love to buy it, but it's probably not worth it since the busiest port I live near is Richmond (15 mi. away) and that only sees 1 freighter a month. So, I guess for now I'll just stick with the feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.