SeaRanger Marine Radio Model M-780

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard0790

I inherited a SeaRanger hand held marine radio but it does not turn on and did not come with the AC power adapter. I wanted to see if the battery would take a charge but I'm not sure if the battery is dead or if it needs a new battery as well. It takes a 13.8 V DC (AC adapter), and I've had no luck finding a power adapter for this radio online and I've done a lot of searching. Is SeaRanger long gone and out of business? I'd also like to find the manual for this radio so i know how to operate it as I've never owned a marine radio. If anyone could help me I would be over joyed! Thank you in advance to anyone who responds. :)

PS i could supply a photo of the radio if it would be helpful and I'm allowed to post it?

DannB

Premium Subscriber
wizard I do believe this radio is no longer made. As far as the battery and adapter, my suggesstion is if you have a store in your area called "Batteries Plus" bring the radio and the battery you have to them , they can find or MAKE the power pack and replace the battery if ness. I did this with a motorola marine VHF ,they were quite helpfull and replaced the battery pack for $40.hope this might help good luck.....

hill

Premium Subscriber
Sea Ranger was the store brand of E & B marine. E & B later became or was taken over by West Marine. West Marine Stores now under Boat US brand name. Some were around here I have a Sea Ranger marine handheld and would guess it is around 15-20 years old. Due to the age and changes in stores over the years I don't think any support can be found for this radio. Just do what the other poster said and have the battery rebuilt or maybe you can still find replacements from a third party retailer. I do think these radios were made by Uniden.

It may not make sense to purchase a new battery pack for this radio, due to low prices to be found a new Marine VHF-FM HT.

Larry

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Any Luck???? Yet

wizard have you had any luck with your problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.