BP Oil Gusher disaster marine RR audio feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone2000

Howdy. I'd love to listen in on what's going on on the water down in the Gulf. I've read the RR wiki on the disaster, but I thought I'd ask here to see if you sea-dogs might have tips for us land lubbers on any good RR audio feeds to use? Apparently none of the counties near the spill in LA and Miss have audio feeds, but is there a Coast Guard RR audio feed somewhere that has some traffic on this? Thanks.

Some local at the scene comms will be on the VHF Marine band, most of the other comms will be cellphone traffic (not sattelite phone).

nexus

A majority of the Oil Spill comms are being conducted on the MISSISSIPPI WIRELESS INFORMATION NETWORK (MSWIN). 700mhz P25 system.

My Feed currently broadcasts all traffic on MSWIN which right now is primarily Gulf water patrols by the marine resources enforcement (DMR), and the Mississippi National Guard in conjunction with the USCG, and all vessels for hire by BP for laying out booms and skimming oil.

If you use WINAMP you'll be able to see what agency and channel/talkgroup they're operating on. The feed also is broadcasting my county's public safety. Traffic is light enough that listeners shouldn't have a problem keeping track of most conversations between all agencies on both systems.

My feed is 24 hours a day. Jackson County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

KE5TLF

A couple of quick notes on this.

A link to nexus' feed has been on the Deepwater Horizon wiki page since shortly after I created it. It's near the top of the Mississippi section.
His feed will only have traffic concerning ops within Mississippi, which as of this weekend have picked up considerably thanks to new MS Guard assests being deployed. I have no knowledge of any available feeds from any other states. If anyone finds something please add it to the wiki. If you're not comfortable doing that yourself then PM me the info and I'll be glad to do it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.