Passing Marinetraffic.com Station ID with Shipplotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
Good day all.

I have recently setup an AIS station decoding the messages with Shipplotter. I am currently uploading the data to marinetraffic.com but it is not identifying the info as coming from my station which I entered on the website. How do I go about "labelling" the data I'm uploading to tell marinetraffic.com that it's from my station? There is really no documentation on their website to tell me exactly what I need to do. I seem to imply from some of the web searching I've done that I have to use a specific UDP port or something like that but I can't really figure it out.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

L.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
What area are you in for the AIS coverage ?

Go to this page and look on the very bottom... Click "Add New Record"
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?datasource=STATIONS

Fill in the information and Click Submit... It will give you your own port number to upload your AIS data.

or....

You can also upload to AIShub.net and tell them to forward your data to your port on MarineTraffic.com
Plus you can also use the VT Explorer (AISHub edition) viewing software, or put your AIS data on your website,etc....

http://www.aishub.net/

Last edited:

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
Hey Mtnbiker2005. Thanks for your reply.

I have just figured out why it's not working. I received a reply from Dimitrius @ Marinetraffic.com and I was not provided with the proper port number for his website to which to send the traffic from my station. I now have to make that change and all should be well. I did set up my station a few days ago but this is the piece I missed.

BTW, I'm along the north shore of Lake Erie (Canadian side) so I'm hoping to cover more of the central-western basin of the lake. KC8NNO has good coverage of the west end and the Detroit River.

Thanks again for the reply.
Len

home121

Missing

I have been monitoring the vhf freq's for maritime, on 157.100 mhz coast gaurd. There's a lady in a 30 foot sailboat shipped out of Guardalajara going to Chesapeak Va. thru the Florida Keys, Was to be in Va. two and a half days ago still missing. Coast gaurd station Jacksonville has been broadcasting for two and a half days to be on the look out. Anybody hear anything about this on the H.F.band like 5.696 mhz. Im still waiting to see if she has been found. And a question how will we know if she was found, do the coast gaurd broadcast that kind of info? The freq was 156.8000 mhz not 157.1000 and the last message was 0230 hrs 5/29/11

Last edited:

Net-5

I have been monitoring the vhf freq's for maritime, on 157.100 mhz coast gaurd. There's a lady in a 30 foot sailboat shipped out of Guardalajara going to Chesapeak Va. thru the Florida Keys, Was to be in Va. two and a half days ago still missing. Coast gaurd station Jacksonville has been broadcasting for two and a half days to be on the look out. Anybody hear anything about this on the H.F.band like 5.696 mhz. Im still waiting to see if she has been found. And a question how will we know if she was found, do the coast gaurd broadcast that kind of info? The freq was 156.8000 mhz not 157.1000 and the last message was 0230 hrs 5/29/11

I have heard the CG cancel these be on the lookout (pan pan) sort of broadcasts before once the situation was resolved. I don't know how often they broadcast a cancellation though after an incident is resolved. If you don't happen to be listening at the right time you might miss it.

Why not call Station Jacksonville and ask them? It should be a public record.

Good luck to you.

home121

C.g.

Thankyou for your reply, I should'nt miss it, I scan vol.county Fl. safety and C.G. 156.8000,157.1000,157.1500 . Also the H.F. band 's like 5.696.00 I use a Icom 746 mostly just monitor with it, seems like a waste but the recieve is really good with a half wave slooping dipole.

Status
Not open for further replies.