Vintage Texas Instruments 2100A Marine Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefan71

I have recently acquired this vintage radio. It is a Texas Instruments Marine Transceiver, Model 2100A. I have not been able to find any information on this radio, which is a bit unusual in this day and age!

Photos are always bad when photographing plastic, but the radio really is in nice shape. I have not attempted to power it up, as it takes 13.6 V DC and I'm not even into boating! The only wear I see is where the mount was/is (I still have the mount). The unexposed area on the top and sides are the original white color, while the exposed areas have yellowed a bit from the sun I'm sure. The original keypad and display look great, with all graphics (numbers and letters) 100% intact.

The original, permanent mike is still there with no damage to the cord or box. The Texas Instruments branding is still nicely there on the front of the mike, and the back of the mike still has the ID plate which reads P/N 2061641-1.

The back of the radio is equally nice, and has jacks for EXT, PA, H/S, T/R and power. Other info on the back: Texas Instruments 2100A, Marine Transceiver, FCC Data: 2100A, Serial Number: 21AA 2172, DOC 451821224V, Patent Pending.

Any comments on the radio would be welcome.

Thank You! -- Anthony

Attachments

• texasinst01.jpg
    texasinst01.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 479
  • texasinst03.jpg
    texasinst03.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 390
  • texasinst04.jpg
    texasinst04.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 375
  • texasinst02.jpg