RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Marine Monitoring Forum


Marine Monitoring Forum - This is the place to discuss monitoring marine communications

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 8:10 AM
pro106import's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Posts: 1,147
Default Channel 16 repeater

I am hearing (once again) a repeater that re-transmits all traffic it hears on 156.800. It is on 455.9125 DPL 606. No it is not an image. I hear it on several scanners and commercial radios as well. I only hear it when there is band enhancement as there is this morning. I am guessing it is in Mass. or somewhere in northern New England. I did a search on the FCC database with no joy. It does fall within the media section of the spectrum I believe. Anyone have a location fix?
Bob
Milford, Ct.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 8:19 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 6,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro106import View Post
It does fall within the media section of the spectrum I believe.
That's correct. 450-451 and 455-456 are part 74.
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 8:22 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bletchley Park
Posts: 1,529
Default

Look at this old post.
http://forums.radioreference.com/con...ml#post2187291
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 8:28 AM
pro106import's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderknight View Post
Yes he was hearing it also at one point. He is about 60 miles east of me in New London Ct. That post was from 2014 and I have had it in my scanner since 2013 when I first discovered it, so it has been around for a while. I'm sure someone will be closer to it than me to track it down. Looks like I have lost reception of it for the moment. Enhancement might be fading. :-(
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 8:29 AM
DaveNF2G's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Posts: 8,478
Default

That would more properly be called a translator.
__________________
David T. Stark
NF2G WQMY980 KYR7128
ARRL VE & Registered Licensing Instructor
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 11:50 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,299
Default

TowBoat and Seatow have been known to Link the VHF Marine channels into their UHF networks, to allow communication at higher-power via UHF Portables to the remote VHF TX/RX

Towboat - Cape Cod was on 452.1750 for years WQCJ618

Each VHF Channel has it's own CTCSS/DCS Tones.

With the BAND open, as it is
http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/
could it also be from Canada??

See what CG Stations/Sectors are heard just prior to the 21a Notice to Mariners
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro106import View Post
I am hearing (once again) a repeater that re-transmits all traffic it hears on 156.800. It is on 455.9125 DPL 606. No it is not an image. I hear it on several scanners and commercial radios as well. I only hear it when there is band enhancement as there is this morning. I am guessing it is in Mass. or somewhere in northern New England. I did a search on the FCC database with no joy. It does fall within the media section of the spectrum I believe. Anyone have a location fix?
Bob
Milford, Ct.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2016, 12:29 PM
pro106import's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
TowBoat and Seatow have been known to Link the VHF Marine channels into their UHF networks, to allow communication at higher-power via UHF Portables to the remote VHF TX/RX

Towboat - Cape Cod was on 452.1750 for years WQCJ618

Each VHF Channel has it's own CTCSS/DCS Tones.

With the BAND open, as it is
VHF Propagation Map
could it also be from Canada??

See what CG Stations/Sectors are heard just prior to the 21a Notice to Mariners
Hey Bill,
yes 452.175 is still active - as I type actually. 67.0 PL
they re-transmit ch. 16 and 13
but doubtful that this 455 one is from Canada- the receiver was picking up the same that I hear at my QTH (pretty much) and the enhancement was not that intense earlier. I usually hear Halifax Coast Guard on 16 when it opens up in that direction.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2016, 12:52 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,299
Default

Interesting on the 67.0, as they have always used the ODD Motorola Only type tones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro106import View Post
Hey Bill,
yes 452.175 is still active - as I type actually. 67.0 PL
they re-transmit ch. 16 and 13
but doubtful that this 455 one is from Canada- the receiver was picking up the same that I hear at my QTH (pretty much) and the enhancement was not that intense earlier. I usually hear Halifax Coast Guard on 16 when it opens up in that direction.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2016, 2:17 PM
spdfile1's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Posts: 234
Default

I'm getting a similar rebroadcast down here in South Florida. I've been monitoring the Marine Frequencies were I live in West Palm Beach and notice that 161.925 has a lot of activity especially USCG Sector Miami broadcasting messages. Come to find out 161.925 rebroadcasts 156.800 in this area. Very Cool
__________________
KC2PBB/WPWK859
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2016, 1:45 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kent Countly, DE.
Posts: 99
Default CG repeater

At one time the USCG had a repeater on top of the George Washington Bridge that retransmitted156.8 to an output somwhere in the 161-165 range.
__________________
bs369/N4NMK
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions