Anthem Of The Seas

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip39

i am leaving today on the anthem of seas. i am taking my bcd436hp. i will let everyone about what frequencies they use.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
They gave me 2 options. 1) let them hang on to it until I get back or 2) leave it in the car. I chose #2.

ytf

Premium Subscriber
Anthem of the Seas Help Needed in a Hurry

So I have read through the thread, looked up the info and even received a DMR signal on 457.55.

The problem is that I find the BCD436HP hard to program and I am new to DMR...also I am onboard the Anthem of the Seas with the BCD436HP.

I am running out of time to figure out exactly what is wrong with my programming...is there anyone who can help me with a file I can just upload to the scanner? I have played with it for a while and I believe I have the system programmed correctly but no decodes.

Thanks in advance for your help---time running out for me to figure this out.

Tom

BC_Scan

So the BIG you question is:
have you paid for the DMR upgrade ?
If so have you ever heard DMR at your normal home base or other?
If yes than you might not be on the right frequency,
I am not aware of a downloadable file as what I normally do is put all the known freqs into one file and scan when I get on board.
Put a search bank on between 457-468 Mhz , you will find, good luck

ytf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I do have the DMR and other upgrades.

It seems that there are a couple of problems. First, the list at Cruise Ship & Maritime Frequencies describes the Anthem frequencies as MotoTRBO. MotoTRBO on a BCD436HP appears to only be available as a trunking mode. So all this time I was trying to setup a trunking system, however carefully reading the posts in this thread it sounds like they are using DMR non trunking, and in fact without trunking setup and the frequencies set as DMR I am getting decodes. So at least for BCD436HP the list at scanmaritime can be at odds with how the scanner should be programmed.

That being said, I am only getting decodes on 457.55 about 50% of the time. I don't know if this is to be expected of a BCD436HP with busy nearby channels or if there is something else wrong.
Most of the time I don't get a decode the scanner just plays the undecoded audio instead of remaining silent.

Is this the difference between the BCD436HP and the SDS100? The 100 decodes 100% of the time?

I have strong signals from the ship while aboard and not much from not on the ship (its a big metal box after all)

Thoughts?

ytf

Premium Subscriber
Almost there

I have now resolved another issue. Apparently when the BCD436HP scans through a group of channels which includes channels marked as not being DMR, it does not have enough time to switch to DMR mode when activity pops up on a DMR channel.

So for example, I can scan 20 channels that are all marked DMR and 80%+ of the activity will decode, however if I scan 20 channels, and 3 of them are marked not DMR, then while the scanner will stop at all the DMR activity, it will only decode it 50% of the time or sometimes much less than that.

So there you go. The "secrets" to scanning on Anthem of the Seas is to only program in your DMR channels, and mark them as DMR only through the Uniden software (havent figured out if it is possible directly on the scanner). Be sure NOT to program the channels as MotoTRBO as then the BCD436HP will try to scan them as a part of a trunking system, which they do not appear to be.

ecps92

Wonder if putting DMR in it's own Bank might help

I have now resolved another issue. Apparently when the BCD436HP scans through a group of channels which includes channels marked as not being DMR, it does not have enough time to switch to DMR mode when activity pops up on a DMR channel.

So for example, I can scan 20 channels that are all marked DMR and 80%+ of the activity will decode, however if I scan 20 channels, and 3 of them are marked not DMR, then while the scanner will stop at all the DMR activity, it will only decode it 50% of the time or sometimes much less than that.

So there you go. The "secrets" to scanning on Anthem of the Seas is to only program in your DMR channels, and mark them as DMR only through the Uniden software (havent figured out if it is possible directly on the scanner). Be sure NOT to program the channels as MotoTRBO as then the BCD436HP will try to scan them as a part of a trunking system, which they do not appear to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.