CH 16 in a commercial mobile/ht???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemtbland

I'm sure this has been beat to death before, and I hate to bring it up again, but it's been eating me apart all weekend!
Would the FCC be angry if I put 156.800 Mhz in a commercial (i.e. HT1000) radio or maybe a Kenwood mobile? Obviously this would be for monitoring purposes only if installed in a vehicle ... but theoretically not if I programmed it into an HT ...
Thanks to all,
Lars
Wisconsin

Joseph11

I believe it's legal as long as the radio is FCC approved and you don't TX on land.

LarrySC

You must be at least 112 miles from any water area where marine radio is used. I often hear locals on those freqs in my area 200 miles from the coast.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
ffemtbland said:
I'm sure this has been beat to death before, and I hate to bring it up again, but it's been eating me apart all weekend!
Would the FCC be angry if I put 156.800 Mhz in a commercial (i.e. HT1000) radio or maybe a Kenwood mobile? Obviously this would be for monitoring purposes only if installed in a vehicle ... but theoretically not if I programmed it into an HT ...
Thanks to all,
Lars
Wisconsin
They might be strenously angry, but you're recieving only, correct?

Now if you really want to confound them, show up and ask them while driving this
http://www.time.com/time/2003/inventions/invaquada.html

N

N_Jay

ffemtbland said:
Thanks to all,
Lars
Wisconsin

The FCC does not care what frequency you put in any radio. They only care about how it is used.

It would not be legal to transmit on that frequency unless you were on a system wavered to use it under part 90 (Land Mobile Radio).

Status
Not open for further replies.