Barricade subject Ellicott City

Status
Not open for further replies.

blee1099

4800 block of Ellicott Woods Lane.
Police Operations on Alpha 1
Tactical & Negotators on location
Road closure at Ellicott Woods Lane and Worthington Way or around that area.

fd2119

HCPD Tac (SWAT) made entry and apprehended the subject without further incident. Shortly after being taken into custody, he seemed to suffer a seizure. HCPD deployed the tactical medic, as well as a medic unit staging nearby. The pt was transported as a pri 2 to Howard Co General. Several children were also evaluated on the scene; I don't believe any were transported.

So HCPD was using A, C and D zones for this incident (presumably in addition to the encrypted talkgroups, such as tac, CIB, etc)?

blee1099

They were on Delta-1 (the Tactical team, inner perimeter, etc). i think the ouyer perimeter was on a-1. adam & baker patrol not involved were on c-1. I heard them doing entry & stuff over the scanner.. Suprisingly nothing was encrypted on that channel. I suspect the guy had depression issues, I overheard them calling out medications the guy was on..

Last edited:

fd2119

Yes, he did seem to have a number of medications.

I was somewhat surprised that there wasn't an incident command system (ICS); I heard one unit identify as Command only once. Every other time it was Unit 500. Further, I wonder what the point of having encrypted talkgroups is, if they're not going to be used (in all fairness, though, I don't use any programs to monitor affiliations, so they could have been in use).

Status
Not open for further replies.