Baltimore City 396 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoDo

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I programmed everything in and I cant hear anything. I set it to MOTOROLA P25. Is that correct. With a lot of help from Joseph (JPM) I got the county working great. What should my settings be for the city, I double checked all the freq's and they are all correct/

HoDo

THANK YOU!!! I already enetered in everything for 30 minutes and I called Uniden Cust Support, I got JASON, he is very good, he told me how to go into the file and change something and now it works. Jason is the Uniden Man!

HoDo

It is weird Baltimore City and Baltimore County are both Motorola Type II standard, how can that be since Baltimore City is digital?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Type II systems can carry digital or analog voice channels. This is typically referred to as a P16 system (P25 systems have different data on their control channels and all voice channels must be digital).

So, if you enter it as P25, the scanner looks for a 9600 bps control channel carrying data in P25 format. What is actually there on the Baltimore systems is 3600 bps control channels carring data in P16 (Type II) format.

Admin0140434

HoDo... there are no P25 (9600bps) systems in MD... so from now on... just enter MOT systems at type II (as there is only one type I system in MD and it is slowly dying out)

Status
Not open for further replies.