So lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD

Ok, so my 396t FINALLY arrived. I am excited but have no idea what to do with it. I live in AA county. I was under the impression this thing came pre-programed with most major areas. I couldn't find anything in MD in it. Is there a way to just DL a flash program of my area? Help pleasssse. Yes I am lazy and hate to read manuals.

Thanks, SD

JoeyC

The 396 is a complex state-of-the-art scanner. Getting the ARC396 software will make it easier to program. However, if you are lazy, don't care to read manuals and not interested in doing so, this scanner is probably not for you.

jpm

Uniden software good enough

I myself have found that the software that came with the scanner is sufficient. Why pay $40.00 for the arc software. I did buy the arc250 because the bc2**d scanners software wouldn't allow a alpha tag to banks and sub banks. now the pro version is a completely different story. Just trying to save one some $$$.

Admin0140434

SD said:
Is there a way to just DL a flash program of my area?

if you have UASD... NINN27 put up some of the MD EMERGENCY FILES on the 396 yahoo group...

go here for the file...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD396T/

once there... register, go to the files section, click software files... click BCD396T UASD... scroll down and click Maryland... click MD EMERGENCY OPS... and click MD EMERGENCY FILE SYSTEMS... the right click on the systems you want and select Save Target As

SD

uasd software

Thanks everyone... No software came with my 396. I am assuming you mean the UASD software from the uniden site?

I tried to DL the UASD software. I keep getting a corrupted zip file. I tried a few different times on different computers and I am still getting a corrupted zip. Could someone confirm it's corrupted and it's not me? Is there another place I can get this software?

Thanks, SD

Al42

SD said:
I tried to DL the UASD software. I keep getting a corrupted zip file. I tried a few different times on different computers and I am still getting a corrupted zip. Could someone confirm it's corrupted and it's not me? Is there another place I can get this software?
The UASD download isn't a zip file it's an exe file. If your browser renamed it, name it back, then run it.

SD

Al42 said:
The UASD download isn't a zip file it's an exe file. If your browser renamed it, name it back, then run it.

Yeah, thanks... how wierd. I wonder why it was doing that. Anyway got it up and running now. Thanks :)

SD

I downloaded the .usd files for MD that I was interested in, from the yahoo group. How do I import them into the scanner using the UASD software?

Thanks, SD

Al42

SD said:
I downloaded the .usd files for MD that I was interested in, from the yahoo group. How do I import them into the scanner using the UASD software?
Put them into the ...\My Documents\396 UASD_DataBase\BCD396T\UASD_systems folder. Go to the Data Base tab in the program. Click on New. Make a configuration. Double click on it. Go to the Systems tab. Click on the new file. Click on Add To DataBase. Click on the next new file. Click on Add To DataBase. Etc. Close the window. Save. Click on Write To Scanner. The rest should be evident.

SD

The files worked great thanks.
I am wondering if there is something wrong with my scanner. It seems to get like 5 sec burts of conversation... then it drops off for like half a second, comes back for 5 secs and keeps doing that. Is this normal? It's kind of annoying.

Thanks, SD

Al42

SD said:
The files worked great thanks.
I am wondering if there is something wrong with my scanner. It seems to get like 5 sec burts of conversation... then it drops off for like half a second, comes back for 5 secs and keeps doing that. Is this normal? It's kind of annoying.
Most likely you have a priority channel, weather priority or Close Call turned on. This can also be caused by programming a P16 trunked system as a P25 system, but I think that gives you more like 2 seconds of audio.

md_p97 said:
I sure hope someone is gonna send him a bill for this.....rofl
Oh, of course. This is how I earn my living. This, and teaching people how to stream their scanners. (I wish.) :p

SD

LOL... thanks guys. :) All I need now is on site tech support ;-) oh yeah and it probably is more like 2 or 3 seconds. I checked and I don't think I have any priority on. The only option I could find was something about p25 level.

SD

Last edited:

SD

holy crap, I fixed it... there was a priority thing set on the close call !! you guys ROCK. Thanks for being so patient with a newbie. I'll be back in 5 more mins with another 20 questions :D

SD

NINN27

just make sure that when you download the files... you are downloading the ones in my emergency file... some of the ones that chuck put up seem to be a little outdated...

SD

NINN27 said:
just make sure that when you download the files... you are downloading the ones in my emergency file... some of the ones that chuck put up seem to be a little outdated...

Yeah, I did dl the emergency file ones. It's working great. Thanks !!

SD

Status
Not open for further replies.