A.A. County fire high band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I see that in the two months since I was last in the D.C. area that Anne Arundel has "upgraded" their high band fire transmitter on 154.01 with simulcasting. Now I get the random flutter in McLean, Virginia that makes it much less pleasant to listen to.

Does it sound equally nasty in and around the A.A. County area or am I simply in an interference zone being way out of their coverage area?

Thanx!

TinEar

It sounds fantastic in this area. I'm not sure what you mean by upgraded to simulcasting since they have simulcasted with the 800 mHz dispatch talkgroup (TG16) ever since they went to a trunked system. It's got to just be your location.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I was not speaking of the patch between their dispatch talkgroup and their high band transmitter. Simulcasting means multiple transmitters on the same frequency at the same time, which it was not before. Now they must be doing that, as 154.01 has the characteristic flutter that comes from such an arrangement.

If it sounds good wherever you are, then it must be my location. Where are you?

Bote

Llwellyn

Sounds fine up here on the city/county line. However, I'm listening to it on a +5db 800Mhz antenna through a 12-foot coax run; chances are if there were any problem I'm attenuating the offending site.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm in western AA County and the dispatch/paging sounds pretty good here.

I do know that they recently did an upgrade to the 154.01 system and, as I understand it, they were trying to do simulcasting of the dispatch freq off of the various towers around the county to improve coverage.

I believe that change has occured (but I could be wrong).

Even with this upgrade, there are still problems. I was in my station on 9/10 and when we got a dispatch, my personal pager alerted but the station base set did not.

NINN27

troymail said:
I do know that they recently did an upgrade to the 154.01 system and, as I understand it, they were trying to do simulcasting of the dispatch freq off of the various towers around the county to improve coverage.

I believe that change has occured (but I could be wrong).

per Admin0140434... AACO started using the new tower at HQ about end of july/begining of august. the tower was built to improve reception in western AACO.

just thought i would pass this along...

Status
Not open for further replies.