Balto County Police Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I don't listen to Balto County PD much, but I tried listening to Towson/Cockeysville/Parkville via talkgroups 1776, 1808, 1840 as listed in numerous sources and don't seem to hear a great deal of radio activity/traffic.
Almost seems like an occassional "local" discussion would take place between the Precinct and the car but not the overall dispatches.
What talkgroup(s ?) would the main dispatches for these areas be on ?
Thanks.

skipshark773

Those are the primary dispatch talkgroups for those precincts. One of a couple of things may have occurred here:
1) It was an extremely slow day
2) you have an older scanner that does not support status bit tracking or do not have status bits enabled. Cockeysville is commonly patched to Towson and Parkville is perminantely patched to White Marsh. All dispatching for the Parkville precinct will take place on White Marsh's talkgroup 1872.

Other than that I cant think of any other reason that the normal traffic was heard. Try listening to 1811 or 1875 and see if you can pick up traffic. If you can, then your scanner isnt tracking the status bits or cannot track them.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I have an 898, the fire side of the action comes thru fine. I'll try again.
After 15 minutes of monitoring all 3 areas and (I don't think) hearing much traffic let alone calls, I figured that something was amiss. From what I've seen/heard in the past the police in these areas never know when to stop talking.

mlevin

skipshark773 said:
Those are the primary dispatch talkgroups for those precincts. One of a couple of things may have occurred here:
1) It was an extremely slow day
2) you have an older scanner that does not support status bit tracking or do not have status bits enabled. Cockeysville is commonly patched to Towson and Parkville is perminantely patched to White Marsh. All dispatching for the Parkville precinct will take place on White Marsh's talkgroup 1872.

Other than that I cant think of any other reason that the normal traffic was heard. Try listening to 1811 or 1875 and see if you can pick up traffic. If you can, then your scanner isnt tracking the status bits or cannot track them.

As of the last 6 months or so Parkville and White Marsh are not always patched together. Very often Parkville gets dispatched off of TG 108. Depends on the shift I think.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I'm gonna leave it on search for a little while to see if I can determine what TG(s) seems to be dispatching Cockeysville/Towson. I'll have to be in the mood to feel the rattling in my head, with all the radio traffic in that county I don't think I'll be able to take if for too long. :)

bryanwhite said:
I don't listen to Balto County PD much, but I tried listening to Towson/Cockeysville/Parkville via talkgroups 1776, 1808, 1840 as listed in numerous sources and don't seem to hear a great deal of radio activity/traffic.
Almost seems like an occassional "local" discussion would take place between the Precinct and the car but not the overall dispatches.
What talkgroup(s ?) would the main dispatches for these areas be on ?
Thanks.

bryan,

please refer to this thread:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=169684#post169684

post #34 which is mine. Is this your problem?

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Good thought, no I wasn't parked on a TG.
I was scanning 3 lists in a bank consisting of various TGs in Towson, Cockeysville, and Parkville.
I did hear Towson give out a shooting around 10 PM last night, not too much else.
I'll be trying somemore later.
Thanks though.....pretty lame that it won't track when you park.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Listened to the whole county (search mode) locking out TGs that were obviously not
northern Balto Co. as I was able to. Radio traffic doesn't seem to be all that much
in the entire county compared to when I used to listen (which is why I figured I didn't
have the whole store as-far-as what TGs to program.

Monitored TG 1808 for quite awhile, yup, it was Cockeysville.
For the geographic size of the precinct and the number people
living there the radio traffic seems like much less than days past
when I used to listen. Perhaps much of the comm is taking place
via the KDTs now.

Thanks for everyones' input and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.