How are the Balto city stations tone out

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman123

How are the Balto city stations toned out

Now that there seems to be a complete list of Baltimore county tones floating out there I was wondering how Baltimore city stations are toned out. Are there tones?
There must be some type of alerting system or page sent that turns on the lights and bells when the station gets a call.
Can anyone enlighten me on this topic???

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
ericcarlson said:
It appears that Baltimore city uses MOSCAD for station alerting, see talkgroup 49296 on their trunked radio system.

I've always wondered about the wisdom of putting your MOSCAD (or other alerting) system on your primary trunked system. What if the system crashes completely? Not only would you have no voice comms, but no way to alert the houses other than telephone or flag/lamp signals.

Our system here uses 900 MHz conventional channels for MOSCAD (one for the data, the other for voice) for that very reason; if one goes down you still have a backup path to fall back on.

Tom WA8PYR

kirkman

If the 800MHz. radios go down, Baltimore City Fire will use the OLD RADIO'S for back-up
The printers will also be down.

Somebody will stay up with the old radios on with pen & paper ready to write down the RUN and to turn out the co's in his house.

I don't know too much, only been in the BCFD for 25+ years.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Baltimore City does not have pagers anymore. They have a watchman at a watch desk, moscad and a radio on both VHF & 800mhz. However you can use the warble tone tones to alert you for any major boxes in the City, since they use the Warble tone.

ResQguy

Meh
Actually, BCFD does use pagers. But they are 900mhx alpha pagers with unique capcodes for each unit, and receive virtually the same text that is on the station printer...

kirkman

I hope Jon Sampson is do'in OK at R-1.

He is a good guy and he try's his best all the time, take good care of him!

One more thing, Tell him Tron said HI! Jon and Tron worked on Sq-54 together.

Take care

patrolman123

the city warble

Can anyone help determine what freq this warble is. It is from the city. Im not sure what chart to use in order to match up the correct freq.

Attachments

• thewarble.zip
    107.9 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.