Carroll Co. Has Rebaned

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were doing Radio checks yesterday and this afternoon my scanner started acting up. It seems they have Rebaned. This is what I have so far>

867.58750c
867.13750v
New Freqs
851.16250v
852.93750v
853.33750v

I will update as I find more Freqs.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Here is the old db entry for the system - knock off 15 Mhz on each frequency to find the rebanded brother

Carroll County Public Safety Trunking System, Westminster, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

As several of these freqs have a 0 in the 4th position, a custom table will be needed to copy this system correctly. The PRO-93 and 2055 cannot do this - the 197 and 400 can. You'd likely need to look at the FCC listings to see if they're adding any freqs not currently listed (which is possible, and has been done on other systems that have rebanded)

Mike

baybum

Will this radio pick it up? I guess the question should be, can I put the new CC in and will I pick up the transmissions?
I don't have the radio with me, is why I'm asking before trying.

Uniden BC 235XLT Trunk Tracker

Thanks,

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nope it won't. It's not capable of tuning in the new rebanded freqs that have a 0 in the 4th decimal

Mike

baybum

Just updated the freqs only, on my PSR-500 and am getting Carroll again.
Current control channel is 852.475.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can answer this question yourself. Just go up to the blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over Database, select Frequency Database then use the various maps and pulldowns to get to Carroll County's system.

Anyway the instructions for fixing a scanner for rebanding are linked in the rebanding wiki article. As mentioned before you will need to subtract 15 Mhz from the old frequencies and insert a custom table. Each manufacturer does it slightly differently...

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

See section 7 of this article

Once the db has been fixed, most all of the apps will set up the tables automatically when you download them. There will be a big text box with a warning about rebanding, and all of the freqs should end up below 861 Mhz. Someone needs to use the SUBMIT tab on the db entry to submit the changes to the team.

It's possible that not all freqs have been rebanded yet - I'm too far away to validate that theory. That's something for the locals up that way...Mike

Last edited:
I have submitted the following:

Dear RadioReference.com,
Carroll County Public Safety has Reband. Please update the Database with the Reband frequencies.

852.42500 cc
852.47500 cc
852.58750 cc
852.93750 cc

There are no new TGID's at this time. A custom table will be needed to copy this system correctly.

Thank You

Phoenix1295

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for submitting the new frequencies.

Patiently waiting for RadioReference to update database so I can monitor Carroll County. I have a Uniden HomePatrol, so I need them to update the database in order to download it to the scanner.

Phoenix1295

Premium Subscriber

powerhouse

Since I'm not real familiar with rebanded systems, could someone provide the info needed for setting up a custom band plan for this system?
I assume you just input the upper and lower frequencies that are now found in the database,
(851.16250-853.33750), and then use 440, positive polarity for the offset and 25 khz. for the spacing but I'm not real sure about this.

Thanks,
powerhouse
AB3JP

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
All the information you need is linked in the rebanding wiki, the link for which is in message 8 of this thread.

Since the database has been updated, all of the popular apps should load up the custom table for you. However how this is done is slightly different from each manufacturer - so you're going to need to be more specific about which radio you have. Some radios require a firmware upgrade (the older Uniden DMA scanners, for example) - others don't (the Uniden XT DMA scanners, for example)

Mike

powerhouse

Thanks Mike,
I read the rebanding wiki and looked at the downloadable .xls document but it didn't make much sense to me.
The only software I use now is Freescan and when I get home in the morning, I'll give it a shot.
I have a Uniden 396XT with the latest firmware installed.
Incidently, I sold my old 396T to my neighbor a year ago or so and at the time, I believe it had the latest and last firmware available for it. He wants me to reprogram it for this new rebanded system.

powerhouse
AB3JP

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Quite simple...(and this procedure will work for both the 396XT and T models)

Since you don't have a subscription, you will need to do this manually. Go to the SITE SETUP form, and change the site type for rebanded. Enter the new frequencies in the TRUNK FREQUENCIES tab, then enter the custom table as shown. Do NOT use the AUTO UPPER function
Note that you may need to double-click to open up a frequency field to be edited.

File:FS rebanding v.8.JPG - The RadioReference Wiki

Make sure you do a 'REPLACE' not an 'ADD' on the upload form.

By the way, you can use EZ-GRAB to copy/paste the needed frequencies. The procedure is vetted in the FS user guide.

Like I said, simple

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.