MSP caution codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmbio

Maryland State Police caution codes?

Hi All,

Does anyone have a listing of the MSP caution codes used during dispach to a trooper?

I can remember "caution code N" is one of them.

Wmbio

Last edited:

skipshark773

code N indicates that the individual is a drug user or seller. Those old codes are hardly used anymore, and I can only think of a handful of times I've heard them used. If youre still interested in the list let me know.

I did not know that MSP used a Letter Code, If its not a lot of trouble I would like to see these "Caution Codes"

Thanks

skipshark773

I didnt know there would be such a broad intrest in the caution codes...They have sorta fallen out of grace with the MSP and other state law agencies. I had only heard them used maybe a handful of times. I will submit it to the database asap too.

Code - Narrative
A - Armed
B - Dangerous
C - Mental
D - Armed/Mental
E - Suicidal
F - Armed/Suicidal
G - Resists Arrest
H - Armed & Resists Arrest
I - Dangerous & Resists Arrest
J - Mental & Resists Arrest
K - Suicidal & Resists Arrest
L - Approach with Caution
M - Assaults Police Officers
N - Drug User/Seller

Neptune

Caution Codes

Caution codes are meant to be used to provide the officer a quick and secure means to make them aware of a person's criminal history. They are usually only provided to the officer after they have requested a check of a person's criminal history through the dispatch.

Detjohnc

The caution codes are used in abundance in both Charles and St. Mary's counties. There is also a "caution code P-Paul," which I believe indicates that the subjuect in question has priors for breaking and entering. I may be incorrect on that one. However, both of the previously mentioned sheriff's departments, as well as the MSP, use the caution codes frequently.

det. john crupi
waldorf, md

GARRETT

Thanks they are also used in abundance in Calvert Co. Since both the Seriffs Dept. & MSP are on the same Freq. they are used by both agencies. I am new to this group but I love it I am originally from Montgomery Co. but migrated down here a few years ago and kind of got out of DXing. I am now getting back in to it. When in Montgomery Co. I had 10 scanners going at once I starting to build my shack back up and this group forum is very helpful

thanks

Dave1586

I didnt know there would be such a broad intrest in the caution codes...They have sorta fallen out of grace with the MSP and other state law agencies. I had only heard them used maybe a handful of times. I will submit it to the database asap too.

Code - Narrative
A - Armed
B - Dangerous
C - Mental
D - Armed/Mental
E - Suicidal
F - Armed/Suicidal
G - Resists Arrest
N - Drug User/Seller

I live in Charles County and both MSP and CCSO use these codes vs. NCIC numeric codes. Thanks for the list because I was looking for one as well.

Dave

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've put them into the wiki for safekeeping. Thanks for the list; I've put them into the MSP article and I'll add them to Charles tonight

Mike

N1508J

Charles County Sheriff Dept.

Whereas MSP may not be using the caution codes the CCSD is on in the clear channels. The CC are used at times on the encrypted channels but usually more "robust" :lol: references are used instead.

Code - Narrative
A - Armed
B - Dangerous
C - Mental
D - Armed/Mental
E - Suicidal
F - Armed/Suicidal
G - Resists Arrest
N - Drug User/Seller

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

Code - Narrative
A - Armed
B - Dangerous
C - Mental
D - Armed/Mental
E - Suicidal
F - Armed/Suicidal
G - Resists Arrest
N - Drug User/Seller

They don't belong in the database, Skip - they do belong, and now are, in the wiki

Thanks...Mike

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
The MSP radio traffic is going to be interesting (in the Chinese sense), when they finally get the mandate to go plain-English..

riveter

Premium Subscriber
The MSP radio traffic is going to be interesting (in the Chinese sense), when they finally get the mandate to go plain-English..

They have that mandate as of 1 Feb 2012 along with the swap that followed shortly afterward to the ICAO/NATO alphabet. It appears to be enforced at the discretion of barrack commanders- I have heard some Central Troop users who are horrible with plain-language-ing transmissions, but MSP V for instance is well-enforced and almost entirely switched.

Actually from what I hear, my own UMBC PD is the last State agency to not have that mandate.

Status
Not open for further replies.