Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Was in OC this weekend, noticed that it sounded like some of the PD voices were synthesysed or slightly "robotic". What's up with that? They were real voices but it sounded like a BFO or sideband of sorts.

ocguard

Field units or dispatchers? Which talkgroups did you notice this on. It could be a patch from the DE system which would have the digital sound. Just a thought.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I believe it was dispatchers. Can't tell you what TGs, usually happened when I could not view the face of my scanner. I won't be back until approx Sept so I won't be able to fill in any more info til then. I know there are some RR subscribers in OC and the area, thought they'd know.

troymail

Silent Key
I was there also and thought the OC talkers were being received kinda poorly on my 396 even though I was sitting on 22nd street. The Worcester County radios sounded great in comparison.

The Del patch channels into the OC system clearly sounded robotic but I assumed in that case it was just the conversion from the DE digital system to the analog OC system.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping that one of the OC Comm folks might be able to fill us in. If what I heard was much more robitic/distorted it would not have been interpretable by human ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.