Upper Eastern Shore Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's quite likely you would need the rebanded custom table - since there are some freqs with 0 in the 4th position....Mike

troymail

Silent Key
It's quite likely you would need the rebanded custom table - since there are some freqs with 0 in the 4th position....Mike

Thanks Mike.... That's what I was looking for... That's what happens when we rely on computers... we get stupid! Doesn't help that I find this on a road trip through the area......

This pro es the need for a keypad.... Luckily I have two laptops with me!

Thanks again.

dpm797

I am not sure how to set the Pro106; I am not getting any audio but can see the talk groups are active. not sure what to do. Trying to play around with different setting with some of the custom setting in the radio itself, but have not found one that works yet.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software are you using? We have how to reband the object oriented scanners in our wiki - however if you are using Win500, then go to the Win500 user guide on utahradio's wiki site

Mike

dpm797

I am only using the radio itself. I hand programmed it. Maybe I need to break down and purchase a cable and use software to program instead of hand program now.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just as a reminder for those that haven't already done it - we have a lot of information on rebanding and scanners in the Rebanding article in our wiki. Section 7 discusses the various firmware and software fixes (dependent on the radio) needed, and there's even a manual way to reband a Home Patrol (before all the freqs get changed in the database, natch)

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

wyesguy

That explains why everything went dead for me around 2 pm today. But, I have no idea what rebanding is, or how I go about making this work on my Pro-106 and Pro-197. I use Win 500 and went to Trunking Tables and selected 800 Mhz Rebanded. The Trunking Tables is also set to Custom. Is this all I need to do, then save and re-load the program in the scanner? Or did I miss something? Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I suspect so, and don't forget to reduce all the freqs by 15 Mhz. See the rebanding article linked in message 10 for a full explanation of what is going on and why

Mike

Last edited:

wyesguy

Well, I tried to read and understand the material. I guess it was a bit over my head. I thought I read somewhere in there that one simply needs to update the revised CCs in the Systems Frequencies list. So, I merely replaced the 4 I had listed with the current 10 shown in the RR database. I saved and loaded the new file in the scanner and it seems to be working just fine. So, now I need to figure what I'm missing by not reducing the freqs by 15 Mhz. Wish I understood the technicals of this more clearly.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Rebanding doesn't happen all at once - no doubt each frequency has to be moved individually. That has been the pattern in other such situations

To that end you'd probably be better off keeping your original programming, and adding (not replacing) a new (insert proper term here - bank, system, TSYS) for the rebanded version of the system. Then when all the frequencies have moved, you can easily drop the original

Mike

dpm797

I want thank everybody for the help. I went and got a programming cable and then purchased ARC500, Downloaded the system from the RR database and all is well. Thank You.

boatbod

From what I heard at the firehouse tonight, Talbot County fire/ems radios are not playing nice after the recent changes. Numerous units are down and having to be reprogrammed and/or replaced.

mandlair

Hi all having a problem programming hp-1 to the system works on database ,Not my favorites lists. I updated freqs for the system? And used custom band plan , uniden default values. Any ideas thanks in advance Mike

gregsto

The current database will not upload to a 996T. Gives an error message and the scanner does not recognize the system, though when looking at list of systems using the scanner menu it does show up. Have a feeling the custom band plan is the issue but not sure.

Dentondog

What's Wrong?

Turned on my scanner (BCD396T) last week after lull of 6 mos. No audio, just continuous scan. Came to RR and read Upper Eastern Shore is rebanding. Reentered frequencies and GroupID channels according to the RR database info. Still get nothing. If I push HOLD, screen reads 853.4250MHz and speaker produces a continuous data sound. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.