Comcast Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary335

Does anyone have any idea what frequencies Comcast Cable operates on? I've been trying to find out, but have had absolutley no luck so far. I figured I'd see of anyone here might know.

BTW, I'm new here so hello all!

cbscanman15

gotta dundalk man umm...check in the database in the maryland section.I am on eastern ave.

Gary335

Just finished looking through the database and I wasn't able to find anything for Comcast.

I used to live near Eastern Ave. Are you up near the city? Or down in the Essex/Middle River area?

ericcarlson

Database Admin
I believe that Comcast in Montgomery County uses Nextel. I was told in the past that Cable TV Montgomery had 800 MHz conventional frequencies but they sold out to Nextel.

-Eric

Gary335

ericcarlson said:
I believe that Comcast in Montgomery County uses Nextel. I was told in the past that Cable TV Montgomery had 800 MHz conventional frequencies but they sold out to Nextel.

-Eric

Thanks for the info, but I'm looking for Comcast of Balto. County.

cbscanman, I know exactly where you live. I'm very familiar with that area.

Mick

Hello! I wonder if they are still on their licensed channels? If you can check out these frqs. which are within ten miles of you:

WPWM477
COMCAST CABLE OF MARYLAND, INC.
Control Points:
8301 CORPORATE DRIVE, BALTIMORE, MD
Transmitter Address /Area of Operation:
3900 HOOPER AVE, BALTIMORE, MD
Eligibility: 90.617 - CABLE TV INSTALLATIONS
AND MAINTENANCE. RADIO TO COORDINATE
THESE ACTIVITIES.

WPMB734
COMCAST CABLE OF MARYLAND INC
Control Points:
HOOPER AVE & 41TH ST, BALTIMORE, MD

WNPW672
COMCAST CABLE OF MARYLAND, INC.
Control Points:
.38 KM NNW HOOPER AVENUE & 41, BALTIMORE, MD

Gary335 said:
Does anyone have any idea what frequencies Comcast Cable operates on? I've been trying to find out, but have had absolutley no luck so far. I figured I'd see of anyone here might know.

Gary335

Well, the 900mhz freqs are all silent. As for the 90.617 frequency for cable tv installations, my model of scanner (RadioShack Pro 94) doesn't scan that band.

Mick

FYI 90.617 is an FCC regulation number, not a frq.

Gary335 said:
Well, the 900mhz freqs are all silent. As for the 90.617 frequency for cable tv installations, my model of scanner (RadioShack Pro 94) doesn't scan that band.

cbscanman15

lol......umm you might be better of just getting police call that is a freqs book and it might have comcast in it.They sell them at radioshack.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Gary335 said:

I don't think you'll hear to much cable TV trafic at 9:30 PM :) You might want to wait for business hours.

Gary335

scanner_freak said:
I don't think you'll hear to much cable TV trafic at 9:30 PM :) You might want to wait for business hours.

They're on call 24/7. :)

There might not be as much going on at night, but its possible to hear something at any time.

Gary335

cbscanman15 said:
lol......umm you might be better of just getting police call that is a freqs book and it might have comcast in it.They sell them at radioshack.

I have it, but Comcast isn't listed in it, or on the accompanying cd.

Gary335

I'm also looking for Verizon's frequencies, if anyone knows what they are. There doesn't seem to be a lisitng in the database for Verizon, nor in the Police Call book from RadioShack.

Gary335

No luck. There were three listings for Verizon in other states, but nothing for Maryland.

scansomd

Way back 'in the day' the cable company here in STM was 'American Cable'. I have to get off here very soon and return to my office, but the frequency was something like 461.7 Mhz (Approximately).

I recall a scanning site somewhere that still had American Cable listed. I would try that frequency first, it may have been passed down to future owners.

If you still can't find it, PM me and I will research my old frequency lists.

Where do you live?

Richard

Gary335 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.