My toy is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoDo

Last night I realized that my 396T was stolen out of my car. Dont know how they got in but they got off with over $1,000 worth of stuff. I cant imagine that I left my doors unlocked, it could have happened at my office or home 2 nights ago. The morons left a Garmin 2610 ($1,100), Surefire M6 ($400), Surefire E2E-HA ($100), handcuffs, leg irons and other itmes I use for work (bail bondsman). I am keeping an eye on Ebay to see if it shows up.

Now my question:

I am going to buy another 396T from CEI (USA Scan), when I do can I just plug it back into the USB cable and download all my saved freqs and TG's? Or do I need to change something so it recognizes the new serial numbered radio?

eyes00only

Sorry about your loss. Remember that theft from your vehicle may be covered by your house insurace. I had the same thing happen to me many years ago. Here in Denver at the Stock Show an FBI agent just had his personal vehicle stolen with his Glock, etc. in it. I'm just about positive that you will have no problem uploading the files to your new 396.

Jerry

troymail

Silent Key
scanjunkie said:
That sucks...sorry to hear it. Putting out the $500 deductible is better than putting out the entire $1,000. Good luck!!

.... maybe....

the way insurance companies are these days, you're probably better off sucking it up and saving a claim for something more significant... I was in this situation last year and ended up sending the claim money back and withdrawing the claim... I decided it just wasn't worth it...

Two types I don't trust - salesmen and insurance companies (and lawyers are just a given!)

SPERT20906

HoDo said:
Last night I realized that my 396T was stolen out of my car. Dont know how they got in but they got off with over $1,000 worth of stuff. I cant imagine that I left my doors unlocked, it could have happened at my office or home 2 nights ago. The morons left a Garmin 2610 ($1,100), Surefire M6 ($400), Surefire E2E-HA ($100), handcuffs, leg irons and other itmes I use for work (bail bondsman). I am keeping an eye on Ebay to see if it shows up.

Now my question:

I am going to buy another 396T from CEI (USA Scan), when I do can I just plug it back into the USB cable and download all my saved freqs and TG's? Or do I need to change something so it recognizes the new serial numbered radio?

Sorry to hear this news, hope the scanner he got does not work & that you get a call that they caught his ass [ass is not a cuss word I was told] & trash the key to his cell.

I could think of other words, but then they will kick me off of here + the Internet for it. I will now go ask God for forgiveness on what I am thinking.

Bob

Please Lord get his stuff back for him, in Jesus name Amen

BTW: hope the police got his/her finger prints & I hope it is a state wide look out too.

cbscanman15

man a 396t huh,this is what you should also do man go to all of the pawn shops in the area,crimnals love to pawn there stolen stuff.You got the seral number right?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Sorry to hear of your loss,
Assuming you saved the info on your PC you just plug it in and upload the data. The software doesn't care about serial #'s or anything like that.

Dave

scanjunkie

troymail said:
.... maybe....

the way insurance companies are these days, you're probably better off sucking it up and saving a claim for something more significant... I was in this situation last year and ended up sending the claim money back and withdrawing the claim... I decided it just wasn't worth it...

Two types I don't trust - salesmen and insurance companies (and lawyers are just a given!)
You have a valid point my friend...

HoDo

Also, it has been months since I programmed the radio, how do I do a master clear once I get my new radio on Tuesday from CEI (USA Scan)? I want to get rid of all the pre-programmed information. Also, I use the UASD to program, and am I correct in saying that I want "ERASE MEMORY BEFORE WRITING" checked so I never get duplicates on the handheld. That is the way it is setup now and I want to make sure that is still correct. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.