Pro-96 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was hoping that you all could help me with a question that I have reguarding the pro-96. I am trying to program one for a neighbor of mine that wants to listen to montgomery co. fire. I can pick up the initial dispatch on 154.16 with the scanner scanning. The problem is that I can't get the scanner to pick up the tac channels on its own. When I go to 7B or others manually it picks up fine, however it dosen't seem to do this on its own when scanning. I hope this makes sense to someone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, 813

John_M

It would help if we knew where you were and what frequencies you are trying to monitor. Could be just a reception problem.

Al42

813 said:
The problem is that I can't get the scanner to pick up the tac channels on its own. When I go to 7B or others manually it picks up fine, however it dosen't seem to do this on its own when scanning.
Talk around channels are simples - that means you're listening to a weak portable with a rubber antenna close to the ground. The signal is probably just not strong enough to cause the scanner to stop scanning, and you might have the squelch turned up too high.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm a long-time Uniden/Bearcat user and I found the Pro-96 hard to program... until I got the cable and some programming software.... however....

Are you and your friend in or near Montgomery County? If not, I agree it could be a reception problem. VHF conventional frequencies (154.xxx) would be very easy to listen to from a distance. Hearing the trunked radio system frequencies and talkgroups is much more difficult if you aren't near the towers/transmitters.

As for the Pro-96, you should be able to program the Montgomery County control channels and then run in search within trunk mode and the talk groups should start popping up...

Last edited:

hoser147

Presuming you have checked the squelch and have some knowlege of digital scanners. since the scanner is not yours i would try all the steps from the guys above thier all lookin in the right directions to get you up and running, but you could provide a little more info could be just as simple as one of the above or where you are with the radio where local rf from items around in your house IE appliances or computers etc. GOOD LUCK Kick it back with us well get ya going...........Hoser147

Status
Not open for further replies.