new military glossary page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As threads go, the sticky thread for milair is the busiest one on this forum, and maybe on the entire board. While we have several folks who contribute, many more are readers - and are probably just as confused by some of the terminology that they hear (or see in the reports).

To help bridge the gap of understanding, TinEar and myself have created the Military Monitoring Glossary wiki page. While there's no way any single page could address the myriad number of terms you hear, this page is a start. There are also a few links at the bottom of the page with additional information.

Please feel free to add to this page; the only thing I request is that the format of the page, and how the text is formatted, is kept consistent. It will help in keeping the page easily searchable and readable.

73s and enjoy...Mike

Dank

This is a great start. One addition that would be helpful is an explanation of the codes I read on the daily posts, such as A-1, A-2 , etc.
Thanks to both of you.

TinEar

Good hit Dan. Leaving off those maintenance codes was a glaring oversight on my part. But that's exactly why that page is needed. There are many terms like those that I just take for granted and don't stop to think not everyone understands what they mean. I'll pass them to Mike so they can be added. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.