Calvert County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

I am picking them up on the RADIO SHACK PRO-2096 now, also to the person who fixed my scanner, how do I switch it so the fire 7a & B work? I mean they work, but the police come on & if there is a fire call I miss it unless they get on 7G also I think MONTGOMERY FIRE/RESCUE got more channels because I am hearing things like;

'switch to 8 H"

Thanks;

Bob

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
SPERT20906 said:
I am picking them up on the RADIO SHACK PRO-2096 now, also to the person who fixed my scanner, how do I switch it so the fire 7a & B work? I mean they work, but the police come on & if there is a fire call I miss it unless they get on 7G also I think MONTGOMERY FIRE/RESCUE got more channels because I am hearing things like;

'switch to 8 H"

Thanks;

Bob

Are you sure it is Calvert County? 8H is not new. Go to the Data Base section and it has all of the talk groups listed.

andyy15

It is Montgomery County that you are hearing I volunteered with Fire/Rescue in Montgomery County and that sounds like the Montgomery County setup the 7A and 7B part :) To solve this problem I usually have my scanner setup to Fire ops or 7b because dispatch usually repeats the calls from 7a onto 7b.

8H is Incident 5 and is rarely used in Montgomery County. Usually they switch to 7C or 7D etc.

Last edited:

SPERT20906

MCMD5 said:
Are you sure it is Calvert County? 8H is not new. Go to the Data Base section and it has all of the talk groups listed.

It said on the scanner;

CALVERT FIRE & I know the area & heard where it went too, also last night there was something going on on 7g & the fire.rescue used 7h & then I heard them talking. Also I think all of them [fire/rescue, police/ECC/TMC/DOG PEOPLE [A.CONTROL] all can talk to each other because I heard one of the police units call for the A.C people & the A.C. dispatcher came on & said;

"We are direct"

Also what does SS112 mean?

Thanks

Bob

SPERT20906

GARRETT said:
It is not Calvert Co. you hearing I am with Calvert Co. F/R and we do not have channel designations like that,?

Yes it is, I meant the channel tg as MONTGOMERY COUNTY & On the Calvert fire it said CALVERT FIRE & just the freq.

My sisters daughters volunteer @ Co. 3

Also is CALVERT COUNTY going to get in to the 800 MHZ & MDC like MONTGOMERY COUNTY?

Thanks

Bob - MONTGOMERY COUNTY

SPERT20906

andyy15 said:
It is Montgomery County that you are hearing I volunteered with Fire/Rescue in Montgomery County and that sounds like the Montgomery County setup the 7A and 7B part :) To solve this problem I usually have my scanner setup to Fire ops or 7b because dispatch usually repeats the calls from 7a onto 7b.

8H is Incident 5 and is rarely used in Montgomery County. Usually they switch to 7C or 7D etc.

I have the 154-160 [7A] & 153.250 [7B] on my VHF scanner, so I can just use that. I can get it on the new scanner. I am also hearing how some of the police are using 10-codes & some are not [weird]. Also I think I have their MDC HELP DESK because I am hearing them saying to try this or that, & try rebooting it.

Thanks;

Bob

GARRETT

Calvert Co.

If you are hearing Calvert co. It would only be on 33.82(FIRE) or 39.28 (Police) only. we have had the 800 trunking system for a few years now. We are still simulcasting the main dispatch channels on the VHF low band freq's, check the data base under calvert co. It is possible that you are picking up Calvert co. from Montgomery Co. I am able to hear Montgomery Co. down here in Calvert on 154.160 on my 396

Status
Not open for further replies.