New Allegany County Trunk System????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler

Does anyone know much about the new Allegany County Trunk System. Got a hold of one of the radios that the county is giving the companies and the programming is really weird. TWR has all the UTAC channels programming messed up. One of the radios is a conventional UHF and the other is a UHF Passport for trunking. Anyone have any idea what they are doing? I'm not really sure they know what they are doing. Did they construct antenna sites or are they using TWR sites? Are we on TWR trunking system? Ought to make their business accounts mad when the can't get on the system because the companies are busy.

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
I am from one of the companies that has the new radios. These radio were handed out with absolutely no information and training. I also noticed that the UCALL/UTAC channels are set up wrong. Word is that these are just temporary channels until the county gets their new licensed frequencies approved through FCC. You stated you noticed the frequencies were programmed wrong, were you able to read the data from the radio you had, because all the radios that were given out were passworded so nobody but TWR could program them? If anybody has that password I would really like to have it so we can have our comms. person add our channels to the radios without paying you know who to do it. As for being on their system, the Fleet channel they put in the radios is supposed to be some sort of test channel of some sort, test for what I'm not sure yet. As I find out more I'll post, but for now that's all I know.

Jerry

Whistler

I finally got the lowdown for the new system it is not up yet like ambdrv said. The are waiting for the license. Fire one will always be around for alerting. Frostburg Ambulance and George's Creek are being moved off Call 1 for alerts and being put on Fire 1. MIEMSS is developing a new 700 Mhz Digital Trunk system.

Status
Not open for further replies.