JNCR new talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Hearing several fairly active JNCR talkgroups recently on the Ft Meade site -- 25xxx range -- appear to be Andrews AFB. Some encryption and patching but others showing several different unique radio IDs. Busiest seems to be 25247.

I see one single TGID (25132) on what appears to be a 'stand alone' Andrew system/site. Not sure if this means that system is now tied into the JNCR (*why wouldn't it be?) or it's some temporary connectivity. It did sound like there was some exercise activity on at least one of the talkgroups.

* I could be wrong but JNCR is probably a Harris system and Andrews is a likely Motorola system

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Andrews will be absorbed into the JNCR system in the short future. Motorola lost the system renewal to Harris

dtscho

Database Admin
JNCR 25543 was active on July 4 with "Hammer" units. They were working in downtown DC, probably providing logistical support. Radio IDs were in the 251xxxx range.

Dave

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker reports a peer site as 005-005 on the Naval Academy site. Could this be Andrews?

freqhopping

The UNID peer site 005-005 cc: 386.3000

It's probably Patuxent NAS. About a year ago, in another thread, I asked if anyone in the area could check the sysid to see if it had changed. I never got a response.

I got some really good reception tonight. Receiving the USNA control channel from ~55 miles away. Not getting other nearer sites though.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It's probably Patuxent NAS. About a year ago, in another thread, I asked if anyone in the area could check the sysid to see if it had changed. I never got a response.

I got some really good reception tonight. Receiving the USNA control channel from ~55 miles away. Not getting other nearer sites though.

I've been receiving USNA over in Easton recently - perhaps atmospherics, maybe an antenna tweak?

marksmith

I think they have been doing a lot more associations between systems. Regularly hearing the DC Navy Yard and Walter Reed in Bethesda through either Fort Meade or the Naval Academy. Patuxent Naval Air Station activity on and off.

I think some of the security outfits they have working gates and other are working multiple sites, causing some of this, but it seems something else related to association between systems is going on recently that results in hearing things not previously heard through local sites.

Mark
WS1095/536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

freqhopping

but it seems something else related to association between systems is going on recently that results in hearing things not previously heard through local sites.

Could be ducting. For me, in the summer right after it rains to the east of me I start picking up JNCR sites that I normally can't. I've even received the Pax site 80 miles away.

marksmith

Hearing Pax River airfield this morning, and only have Naval Academy and Ft Meade sites programmed.

Mark

marksmith

Pax River Tower/airfield operations and fire talkgroups associating through Naval Academy or Ft Meade sites this afternoon (7/31) on JCNR system.

Mark

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this has been covered before, but why is there a DoD system for Ft Meade and a JNCR system for Ft Meade? They both operate on the same band. Is it possible that the DoD system is actually part of the JNCR and the RRDB has it classified incorrectly? Or are they actually in different networks?

freqhopping

I don't know if this has been covered before, but why is there a DoD system for Ft Meade and a JNCR system for Ft Meade? They both operate on the same band. Is it possible that the DoD system is actually part of the JNCR and the RRDB has it classified incorrectly? Or are they actually in different networks?

Different WACN=different system.

No idea how the DOD system is used most of the since it is nearly always encrypted.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I only know the DOD (1B5C8) is heavily used by NSA with sites at Fort Meade, BWI and Pentagon.

Occasionally you hear a clear patch of the Fort Meade MP talk group from JNCR on the DOD system

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Currently hearing what is showing as Fort Belvoir Radio Techs testing out P25 Phase 2 on the Ft Meade site.....

Last year Harris was awarded a renewal contract to renew the infrastructure on the JNCR system. Based on the earlier post that techs were installing new antennas at Mark Center and now P25 Phase 2, I wouldn't be surprised if they upgraded to base stations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.