400.0000-430.0000

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyiv

Feed Provider
What are these channels set aside for. i work for a compant and we have a motrola m120 and those are the channels that i found it is supposeed to be programed to use but i ccant find my company in the fcc database even using the channel i found by holding open the mike and sacnning the frequencys. thank you.

Joseph11

380-406 MHz is the military band. 406-420 MHz is the government band. The FCC doesn't handle government and military frequency licensing, so you wouldn't see anything licensed to them there. 420-450 MHz is the 70 centimeter HAM band.

Last edited:

guyiv

Feed Provider
when i hold down the button it came up with 403.895 and i tested the channel and it squeeled back

K8PBX

guyiv said:
What are these channels set aside for. i work for a compant and we have a motrola m120 and those are the channels that i found it is supposeed to be programed to use but i ccant find my company in the fcc database even using the channel i found by holding open the mike and sacnning the frequencys. thank you.
399.9 - 400.05 MHz
Radionavigation satellite
Mobile-satellite, Earth-to-space

400.05 - 400.15 MHz
Standard frequency and time signal-satellite (400.1 MHz)

400.15 - 401 MHz
Meteorological aids (radiosonde)
Meteorological satellite, space-to-Earth
Mobile satellite, space-to-Earth, 400.505-400.5517 MHz, 400.5983-400.645 MHz
Space research, space-to-Earth
Space operation, space-to-Earth

401 - 402 MHz
Space operation, space-to-Earth
Earth exploration satellite, Earth-to-space
Meteorological satellite, Earth-to-space

402 - 403 MHz
Earth exploration satellite, Earth-to-space
Meteorological satellite, Earth-to-space
Medical Implant Communications

403 - 405 MHz
Medical Implant Communications

405 - 406 MHz

406.0 - 406.1 MHz
Emergency Position-Indicating Radiobeacons ("EPIRBs"), Earth-to-space
Emergency Locator Transmitters

406.1 - 410 MHz
Government non-military agencies
Military tactical fixed and mobile operations on a secondary basis
Radio astronomy

410 - 420 MHz
Government non-military agencies

420 - 450 MHz
Government radiolocation limited to the military services
Amateur (70 centimeter band) (secondary)
Radiolocation

mancow

Database Admin
guyiv said:
when i hold down the button it came up with 403.895 and i tested the channel and it squeeled back

You're probably just overloading the receiver and are causing it to stop on a harmonic frequency.

I would bet it's a 450-470 mhz frequency.

guyiv

Feed Provider
yah that makes sense i have the ambulance here but i cant get the frequency cause it keeps stopping on multiple frequencys. dose any one have any suggestions?

guyiv

Feed Provider
No i dont have one with signal stalker i have a pro 95 and 96
Lower Shore Ambulance. Pocomoke, MD

troymail

Silent Key
You should try scanning or searching the 462.00-464.000 range to see if you can pick up any of the units from your company. That's the EMRC (ambulance to hospital) ranges and I think some outlying areas are known to use frequencies in the same range.

It's a little off but York County PA uses 462.975 for medical dispatch and response, etc. Maryland is a bit different but I think there is that possibility. In fact RR says 462.950 is used in Allegany County for:

"EMS Dispatch Alerting (Frostburg Ambulance Co. 53 and George's Creek Ambulance Co. 55)"

and 462.975 is used in Washington County for EMS Dispatch.

Anther option is to listen for and/or ask your dispatcher for the CALLSIGN. It can be researched to identify frequencies assigned to the call sigh itself.

guyiv

Feed Provider
Ok i fount the frequency (my boss didnt even know it or the call sign Caldabaugh Communications wouldn't tell him what they are) it is 461.76875 but i can't find a call sign on the fcc database search and i have also been told that there is an input/output channal also.

Last edited:

TinEar

The database shows Caldabaugh Communications has a 461.775/466.775 pair with a transmitter in Salisbury. They aren't listed with any of those split channels such as you posted.

kc4jgc

There is a sizable file on the FCC database. Paste this address on your browser:

http://dettifoss.fcc.gov/acweb/dettifoss/genmen_a/db_19/s_licn_sv.roi;52?ViewDefault

If that doesn't work go to www.fcc.gov, click on "General Menu Reports", then click on either "Licensee" or "Licensee/State". Type in "Caldabaugh Communications". On the next screen click on "Universal Licensing System". It would help to know at this point which tower site your company is communicating though (as well as the call sign). You should be able to find your freq after a process of elimination. Point: the mobile input is 5 MHz higher than the repeater output freq. On this listing you will see both input & output freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.