State police patrols

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman123

Premium Subscriber
When MSP troopers go on duty they are assigned a patrol. Around the Baltimore beltway they are assigned patrol 1, patrol 2, etc, etc..... Does anyone have any information on what the patrols are... Where does patrol 1 start and stop????? How about patrol 2??? And so on.......

Dank

msp patrols

How many different barracks are there aroung the Balt beltway? If the patrols come from different barracks would the line be halfway between? For the Washington beltway 495, there is one in Rockville, College Park, and Forrestville.

patrolman123

Premium Subscriber
patrols

No..... Each barrack has different patrol areas. I should re-phrase that.... Each car has a specific patrol area in each barrack. For example, let take golden ring unit R-15. He or she might be assigned to patrol, patrols 1 & 2. Or R-10 of the same barrack might have just patrol 3. I wanna know what the boundry is for each patrol area......

c4led

patrolman123 said:
No..... Each barrack has different patrol areas. I should re-phrase that.... Each car has a specific patrol area in each barrack. For example, let take golden ring unit R-15. He or she might be assigned to patrol, patrols 1 & 2. Or R-10 of the same barrack might have just patrol 3. I wanna know what the boundry is for each patrol area......

Does MSP use digital or analog transmissions...?

TinEar

If you listen to MSP simplex frequencies in the 39 mHz band, they are all analog. However, many of the MSP barracks are now simulcasting their signals on the respective counties' trunked systems. When those trunked systems are digital, the MSP talkgroup will also be digital - such as the ones you mentioned in Montgomery County. Listening to the trunked system patch of the 39 mHz signal will generally give you extended listening range and allow you to hear the mobile signals which are very difficult to hear on 39 mHz unless you are fairly close to the unit.

Dank

MSP on MC TRS

Good point TinEar,

While MSP has an analog, they have at least 1 and I think 2 talk groups on the Montgomery County digital 800Mhz trunking system. I have these programmed in my radio, but not the low band freqs so I am not sure if anything is simulcast.
Dan

c4led

That's interesting. I was trying to listen to some of the frequencies in the 39 range and picked up almost nothing. It looks like the best bet for me would be to pick up a digital rig once the rebanding is done.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
MSP also has several T/G's on Howard County's system as well. As far as waiting for rebanding - there's no reason to do that if you buy the lastest Uniden digital scanners because it requires only a simple firmware upgrade to enable the 700 band. And there are unresolved issues with the rebanding process, so I don't see it happening in the near future...

CA
Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.