Ocean City setting?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Will be traveling to Ocean City for a few days of R & R. I am bringing my 246T. Which setting should I use? Narrow, Wide or Scat. I have NEVER use this type of system. All systems I have used are Motorola. Thanks to all for your info.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
The edacs info on the RR database is accurate. Make sure you program the frequencies in the exact order specified or you will not get trunking to work. Also note, depending upon the radio (this is true for a 245 and 898), you will not be able to program in the talkgroups until you are able to capture the control channel. You can sneak around this if there is an edacs system that you can receive by programming in their control channel in the OC bank. You will then lockout that freq once you get programmed.

Admin0140434

bwhite said:
The edacs info on the RR database is accurate. Make sure you program the frequencies in the exact order specified or you will not get trunking to work. Also note, depending upon the radio (this is true for a 245 and 898), you will not be able to program in the talkgroups until you are able to capture the control channel. You can sneak around this if there is an edacs system that you can receive by programming in their control channel in the OC bank. You will then lockout that freq once you get programmed.

good advice, but no need for that on the 246

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
bwhite said:

Does this go for the 250 and the 785 also?

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
MCMD5 said:
Does this go for the 250 and the 785 also?

I don't know, never had one.
You can give it a try and if it doesn't want to let you program in the TGs you'll know the answer. Took a bit to find this out and how to work around it.

troymail

Silent Key
I gave my father a PRO-97 for Christmas and I think I put the freqs in the right order but skipped the first slot in a bank and the radio didn't work. When I moved everything down to start with the first slot, it worked like a champ.... I had some problems awhile back with my 296 in that area but my 396 has always worked great....

The only issue for the 396 was that, unlike the Motorola systems, it couldn't seem to find any EDACS systems in search mode... that was a suprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.