New NE Carroll 800 Antenna Operational

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
If you live in that area where Carroll, Baltimore, and York Counties converge (Lineboro) you may have noticed that Carroll's signals are dramatically better as of 3/31. The long awaited 300+ foot tower is now operational, hopefully the dead signal areas will be far and few between.
If only we can get Verizon Wireless to mount their equipment on the tower I might actually get to see what bars look like on my phone ;)

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
BWhite,

I will have to agree quite an improvement especially with the field units up that way. Anywho good luck with Verizon, it pretty bad service all in that area.

Well Have Fun

troymail

Silent Key
I have an interest in listening to Carroll County from Anne Arundel but I have enough trouble trying to hear Baltimore City from my location on my 396 and 296.

I don't suppose they'll build a "southern end" tower just for me....:lol:

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
troymail said:
I have an interest in listening to Carroll County from Anne Arundel but I have enough trouble trying to hear Baltimore City from my location on my 396 and 296.

I don't suppose they'll build a "southern end" tower just for me....:lol:
We'll get on it for you, this one only took about 12 years and that was with actual life and limb in the balance.
If you really want to pull in some of those more difficult signals you'll probably need a beam antenna.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
bwhite,

Is it also tru they are putting in a tower down at Sykesville at Springfield Hospital? I see some stuff on the FCC Website indicating frequencies for the Carroll Co System at the state owned tower there.

Status
Not open for further replies.