Md Nat Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GARRETT

Lately I have been hearing tests every morning on the statewide National guard freq. that is listed in the data base. So I believe they are correct?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
On occasion I've heard digital squawks on the Central Maryland freq in the past - so yes, I'd say they are probably correct. Not used a whole lot, tho. Haven't heard them in quite a while 73s Mike

doctordave

The four statewide repeater freqs are quite active and I've heard testing on the "Incident Command" freq.....my question pertains to the additional nine freqs listed in our database as "local".....in the CHM edition, there are also ten freqs listed as being in the portables for "ops" and additional repeater freqs for Woodlawn & Rockville. Would be nice to get the real scoop & update our database accordingly.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Dave Local Channels 1-9 are that, local simplex channels that can be used for portable to portable comms. I have verified all 9 local channels with a MDNG radio here at work and a frequency counter (now something may have gone totally wrong with my frequency counter when I did this, so they could be wrong). The Rockville repeater, I do not know of on the MDNG System as we do not have a repeater in that area or on that frequency.

Also to all you will hear radio checks quite frequently on the MDNG System as it is tested frequently with the Force Protection Units and with other State Agencies. This is a good system to listen to as they are trying to build this system out to be a statewide reliable system.

doctordave

Thanks, Nathan.....it sounds like the "ops" freqs cited in CHM may not be in the MDNG portables. Could it be that they are available in vehicle radios or otherwise? Perhaps that specific CHM info is simply no longer valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.