Fmars

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctordave

F-2 154.28 is certainly the primary for the Balt metro area.....but are fire dispatch centers/units here in the Balt area even equipped w/ FMARS F-1, F-3 freqs, for use if need be? F-1, F-3 are obviously active as the primary FMARS freqs in other areas of the region.

dpm797

Anne Arundel County Fire Dispatch has a continues patch for 154.280 and 10-Oscar.....154.295 is not patched all the time but can be patched to most of the fire department talk-groups as needed. 154.295 is only patched at the supervisors consoul at his or her discrestion.......it has been used recently (2 months ago) and patched to 1-Echo for a rescue asignment on RT295 in co27's area.......requested medavac helo and got US Park Police Eagle 1..........154.340 was patched on 1-Charlie for a MVC on co4 area MSP TRP 1 and TRP 2 went to that incidnet. Both were going on simultaneously. Anne Arundel County does not have 154.265 at this time(no plans to get liscence for it). ALso 154.280 can be patched to other talk-groups at the direction of the Fire Alarm supervisor(this is not likely to occur).

dpm797

I can only imagine that Baltimore County/Baltimore City, and Howard County can do the same thing. But they do not need to because we units from AA/Howard/Balt City/Balt Co/BWI Airport go to these other jurisdictions the filed units have the ability to switch to that counties TRS. They can comunicate directly to those units and not need the patch.

doctordave

dpm797, Thanks for the replies. I note that you are in Kent Co....in fact, I was asking the above question because the Kent Co FD bandplan includes both 154.28 & 154.265....any idea why 154.265, specifically, was added? Is it used by the dispatch centers on the Eastern Shore? Is 154.295 available and in use over there?

dpm797

Yes I live in Kent. but I work for AA. They have 154.265 in most mobile radios and in the dispatch center. Kent and Queen Annes Talk directly to each other on Kents 154.1975. From dispatch center to dispatch center. Queen Annes has the ability to patch there TRS to 154.1975(which they do not do because it is Kents Dispatch), they can also patch 155.1675 and 154.2425 to the TRS (they do do this for calls if Kent and Queen Annes units are running together). Those are the Fireground(tac channels). Kent calls Cecil County on 154.280. I am not sure how 154.265 is used yet here on the eastern shore or Deleware. Have not heard any radio traffic on it that I can recall. FYI Kent County CO6(Chestertown) has first due area in Queen Annes (Kingstown area) Queen Anne Box 5-1. Kent Co2(Millington) has 1st due area in Queen Annes also Queen Annes Box 6-12. The corporate limits of Millington include part of Queen Annes County. Qnne Annes CO7(Crumpton) is supposed to have 1st due area in Kent(along RT291), I am not sure of the status. I believe the area has been devided between Kent Co3 and Kent Co4.

dpm797

154.295 to my knowledge is not used at all over here. I do not think the dispatch center have that frequency in the radio system at all.

doctordave

dpm797, Thanks for the replies. You are a great resource. Another question, regarding Kent MD....do the trucks still maintain the low band radios for backup use - or are they only equipped w/ VHF-Hi now?

doctordave

OK - thanks much.....speaking of Kent Co.....KSO, CPD & RHPD actively use repeater output 159.21 & 155.7.....I think they refer to 155.7 as their "channel 12"....do you have any more info on the PD bandplan? We know that there are some additional freqs (156.21, 154.74), but it's unclear how they are used, if at all. Perhaps just simplex?

dpm797

156.210 is used at the Kent County detention center. Not sure about 154.740 I do not know what it is used for. I have not heard any radio traffic on it.

doctordave

dpm797, So that we can further update the database....is 156.21 exclusively used by the detention ctr these days? I can recall the days when CPD was also equipped with this freq & used it on foot patrols (back when 39.08 was primary).

dpm797

I do not that the detention center uses it exclusively, but the detention center itself or KCSO and CPD units talk to detention center. Have not heard any other radio traffic except about people in custody and transports of prisoners.

doctordave

Super....thank you. If anyone captures a PL on this, please post it and I'll forward this on to the database admin.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County dispatch has an "FMARS 2" CCM on their consoles, which is 154.295, however it did not work some of the time. At one point, they had to use the 154.295 base station to temporary replace the 154.280 base when it when down. I remember right before hurricane Isabel hit in 2003?, the radio shop made a mad scramble to get both back on the air in the event that they needed both MA channels. Now, Baltimore County has their primary 154.280 base station at the Towson Fire HQ radio tower, with the antenna 300' up (this was to improve reception with York County and other counties because the previous antenna on the top of the Courts Building was blocked by a cooling unit). They still also have 154.280 and 154.295 base stations at the Courts Building, but they are used as back-ups. I've only ever heard 154.295 used once - by me - when we had multiple flyouts at once.

tolley

Premium Subscriber
Dorchester 911 regularly communicates with the State Hospital center in Cambridge on 155.265.

GARRETT

As far as Southern Maryland goes, I am unaware if any Calvert, Charles or St. Marys dispatch centers are equipped with 154.295 I have never heard any of them use it. Only 154.280 Southern maryland I believe is unique in that they have given each other a pager, like the ones used by the volunteers with their own alert tones. Ex; Calvert Co. will set off Charles or St. marys co.'s alert tones and tell them to standy by to copy for a mutual aid call. and visa versa. Calvert Co. units are not equipped with any of the mutual aid freq's in their radios since we are on 800mhz but the communications center is able to patch the FMA TG in to 154.280 (if the dispatcher remembers how) you can occasionally hear calvert call PG or Anne Arundel co. (Anne Arundel does not have a alert tone or pager for Calvert, neither does PG) but most of the time they communicate by direct line.
All Calvert units are equipped with Anne Arundels' TG's and the units on the North Side of the County have PG county portables to communicate with PG, and some units have Charles Co. portables as well, FMA is direct patch to one of the St. Marys co. TG's
none of the southern md counties are a part of the Fire mutal aid radio networks like in DC or Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.