Washington County Fire Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I noticed an update this morning to most of the fire ops talkgroups. Just looking for a bit of clarification on how these channels are now used, as the submitter has chosen not to allow private messages...

Does SUP refer to supervisors? I suppose it could also be for suppression.

Does STG refer to staging? I see that those changed from the Fire Police talkgroups.

How are the ATG talkgroups actually used? I've never heard anything on them.

Gilligan

Database Admin
SUP is support and STG is staging.
Thanks for this information. In particular, how exactly are these used? Can you provide a bit more explanation of how they are used differently? I would imagine that Ops would be for crews working the fire scene, EMS for supporting medical, Support for water and air supply, etc and staging for initial setup perhaps?

Also, I noticed that the talkgroups for Ch 3 and 4 staging are missing -- perhaps you would know this info?

Hoping you can clarify the use of the ATG talkgroups. I'm not sure if I'm correct or not, but it seems as though one of the main zones (Ch 1 for example) could be in use for a working fire. A person could then get on the ATG channel and would be heard on all of the other Ch 1 talkgroups like Ops, EMS, Staging and Support. If that is correct, then would it technically be unnecesary to have those ATG channels programmed into the scanner at all since the comms would be heard on the regular zone channels?

Last edited:

EMTB644

FIRE TAC 3 STG is TG 13501
FIRE TAC 4 STG is TG 13600

I haven't heard ATG (Announce) talkgroups used so I can't answer your question about the need to program each ATG talkgroup. FIRE TAC 5 ANN is TG 13606.

Gilligan

Database Admin
FIRE TAC 3 STG is TG 13501
FIRE TAC 4 STG is TG 13600

I haven't heard ATG (Announce) talkgroups used so I can't answer your question about the need to program each ATG talkgroup. FIRE TAC 5 ANN is TG 13606.
Thanks for all the help with those talkgroups. Would you be able to completely verify any of the info for the events and training talkgroups, or add any additional info elsewhere?

Gilligan

Database Admin
So I have had 13479 listed in my scanner as "EMS 1" for a while. Listening this morning, it sounded like it was being assigned as "PS 1" as some kind of an EMS ops channel. I see it's listed in the database as Fire Tac 4 EMS as per the recent talkgroup changes that were made on June 15th. Is this correct?

EMTB644

TG 13479 is now designated Public Safety 1 (PS 1). It was previously called EMS 1.

TG 13500 is now designated Public Safety 2 (PS 2). TG 13500 was previously designated as FIRE 1.

PS-1 and PS-2 are used for communications between fire and EMS responders on an incident. The majority of operations after the initial dispatch will be heard on PS-1 or PS-2.

TG 13504 is now FIRE TAC 4 EMS.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Any idea about 13536, which was previously listed as Fire 2 Mutual Aid?

Would you have any info on the patch talkgroups? I think I may have heard a reference to "Patch 1" the other day...

EMTB644

Gilligan, I have no info on TGID 13536. Have you heard any radio traffic on this TG?

EVENT A1 (TGID 13611) and EVENT A2 (TGID 13612) are active tonight supporting fire works events.

MSP Trooper 3 used TAC 1 SUP (TG13468) during response to Washington County this evening.

Gilligan

Database Admin
EVENT A1 (TGID 13611) and EVENT A2 (TGID 13612) are active tonight supporting fire works events.
Do you happen to know if these are generic public safety (not fire-specific) event channels or if they are only for fire? I haven't monitored traffic on these channels but am thinking they are using those in place of the old EOC 1, 2, 3 channels, which would mean they would be shared between all public safety services (fire, EMS, police) at a particular event...

Gilligan

Database Admin
What is 13536 now used for? It used to be Fire 2.

Also, I noticed that instead of saying, t"ruck 1 with 2" (while responding to a call), I'm now hearing something like "truck 1 with 2 and 2" -- what are they referring to with the X by X format?

Septa3371CSX1

What is 13536 now used for? It used to be Fire 2.

Also, I noticed that instead of saying, t"ruck 1 with 2" (while responding to a call), I'm now hearing something like "truck 1 with 2 and 2" -- what are they referring to with the X by X format?

Could be referring to the number of pack and non-pack guys they have on board. On most trucks the driver's seat does not have a pack in it and there may be one or two jump seats in the back that don't have a pack.

troymail

Silent Key

In Anne Arundel County, they say things like "2 with 1" .... meaning "2 total personnel and 1 is an officer"....

It could also have something to do with qualifications - full vs. probationary (limited capability) firefighter .

EMTB644

TGID 13536 is FIRE 2 MUTUAL AID

"Truck 1 with 4 and 3" means a total of 4 responders, 3 are certified.

TGID 13465 ADMIN 1 active today as officials were accessing overnight storm damage in Washington County.

Gilligan

Database Admin
So if "Fire 1" became "PS2", what became "Fire 1"? Doesn't make much sense to have a Fire 2 without a Fire 1... Also it appears that the same situation is going on with EMS 2 -- no EMS 1 is listed any longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.