Ocean City/Worcester EDACS Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4APR

I know migration to P25 is right around the corner, but has anyone recently heard anything through the old Ocean City EDACS site? I was up there last week and didn't hear a peep. It was Saturday night, so I find it hard to believe nothing was going on ;)

AD9O

I was over there Sep 8-12 and heard traffic on the system. I'm not sure where the break between PD north and south is, but north was definitely the more active channel. Also heard OC fire and transit.

Pretty sure Worcester sheriff and fire too, but I mostly kept it on OC.

ocguard

Are we talking about the OC site in Ocean Pines? This used to be their primary EDACS site, until the one at 65th Street was erected. I'm pretty sure it's on stand-by, since it uses the same RF channels as the 65th Street site, but isn't set up as a simulcast. So it would only be enabled if the in-town site failed. I could be wrong about this. Hopefully EDACSTECH will chime in.

ocguard

I was over there Sep 8-12 and heard traffic on the system. I'm not sure where the break between PD north and south is, but north was definitely the more active channel. Also heard OC fire and transit.

Pretty sure Worcester sheriff and fire too, but I mostly kept it on OC.

Used to be 33rd Street. OCPD used to merge their two patrol channels into one during the off season or when it's slow. This may be why one was busier than the other.

guyiv

Feed Provider
They are definitely up. I listened to them yesterday when I was in Ocean City and Worcester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.