Monitoring Baltimore County Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasjgunn

Hello Everyone,
I have just moved back into the area after living in Southern MD for 22 years, I own a BC796D and would like to monitor the Balto County PD. I have the Radio Reference Wiki documents on how the BCoPD has changed to a simulcast repeater system that can confuse most trunker scanning radios is there a way around this other than pausing on an input freq and just listening there

troymail

Silent Key
Scanners will be hit and miss -- the older the scanner, the worse it will probably be.

Best thing on the market today to overcome the simulcast issues is a Unication G4 or G5 -- but a HUGE word of caution.... DO YOUR RESEARCH first.... The Unication Gx pagers are just that - pagers - but with some fairly limited scanning ability.

marksmith

While you are within Baltimore County, and mobile, the simulcast issue is not real bad.

It is worst when you are stationary, and directly between two transmit sites.

I use an HP-2 in the vehicles and it seems to handle the challenge while mobile where your chances of being in strong range of a single tower is better.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I know that when I had my 396, and driving up from Bowie, I had to turn on my attenuator when trying to hear the county. It was listenable but certainly not always clear...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.