Mount Airy Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephdurnal

Premium Subscriber
Maryland has a new police department in Mount Airy. The town covers two counties, Frederick & Carroll which probably crates a challenge or two for radios.

Police Department | Mount Airy, MD

I was unable to find the channels for this department. My hunch is that they are on the Carroll county system as the article notes that after hours calls are routed through the Carroll ECC.

I'm not close enough to listen to this system on a regular basis so I'm not really sure. I know I don't hear them on Frederick County, at least I don't think I do.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't have been cheaper just to contract with either county's sheriff's department to provide enhanced services?

Chris516

I live in a historic town of only 500 people. We are covered by the county police. Mount Airy, while 6x the size. Is partly within both, Frederick, and Carroll counties. Frederick county itself, only has the Sheriff's office, while the City of Frederick has an actual police department. So I can see Mount Airy's need for a police department. Otherwise, as law enforcement goes. Mount Airy wouldn't have much coverage at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.