PG VHF dispatch simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if PG simulcasts its dispatch TG full time on 155.685? I wasn't hearing it this morning when driving through the county. The reason why is I broke down and purchased a G5 V/700/800 pager, and I'm using VHF fire channels temporarily until they push the (promised) P25P2 firmware. Would it be better to monitor their station alerting channel instead?

ResQguy

Meh
Why wouldn't you program PG into the G5 now? 8A1 is now and likely will always be Phase 1, and quite a few of the other talkgroups are reverted often. Don't listen to the station alerting channel, that is only QC2 tones.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Why wouldn't you program PG into the G5 now? 8A1 is now and likely will always be Phase 1, and quite a few of the other talkgroups are reverted often. Don't listen to the station alerting channel, that is only QC2 tones.
I didn't realize that their dispatch TG was strapped FDMA, and I *thought* the trunking protocol was different between P1 and P2. I also thought I'd get better reception of VHF at home than their trunking system. I'll program it to see what I get.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I can receive PG's frequency in Baltimore County on VHF handheld radio with no issues.

Maybe it was just quiet this morning when I drove through... I'll check my programming. AACo works fine, alerts on the proper tones.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I can receive the PG P25P2 TRS at the RF hole that is my home in Annapolis, which is impressive considering I am also using the G5's stock stubby antenna. However, driving through Woodlawn yesterday, the Baltimore County system was a little broken up (and once out of range,) but that may have been the way I programmed their system to one knob position, rather than breaking it up into two separate systems, north and south. What I *think* was happening is the G5 was locking onto the north control channel, and then tuning to one of the north simulcast site's system frequencies which was too far away to receive properly. Curiously, I was able to receive the system up in PA in a township just north of Shrewsbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.